people over 35 should be dead, here's why
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: people over 35 should be dead, here's why

Real Name
    joe blow
    Downloads
    Uploads

people over 35 should be dead, here's why

according to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 40's, 50's, 60's or even maybe the early 70's probably shouldn't have survived.

our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint.
    we had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets...not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.
    as children, we would ride in cars with no seat-belts or air bags.
    riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.
    we drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle. horrors!
    we ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but were never overweight because we were always outside playing.
    we shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.
    we would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.
    after running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.
    we would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on.
    no one was able to reach us all day. NO CELL PHONES!!! unthinkable!
    we did not have play-stations, nintendo 64, x-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, dvd's, surround sound, personal cell phones, personal computers, or internet chat rooms.
    we had friends!
    we went outside and found them.
    we played dodge ball, and sometimes, the ball would really hurt.
    we fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from these accidents. they were accidents. no one was to blame but us. remember accidents?
    we had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it.
    we made up games with sticks and tennis balls and ate worms, and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes, nor did the worms live inside us forever.
    we rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.
    little league had tryouts and not everyone made the team. those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment!
    some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade. horrors!
    tests were not adjusted for any reason. our actions were our own.
    consequences were expected.
    the idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of. they actually sided with the law. imagine that!
    this generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problems solvers and inventors, ever.
    the past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.
    we had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.
    congratulations....so far, so good!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    For sure! Boy, things are different today.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got it all figured out, why I survived this long. All the foods that I had growing up had preservatives in them, but by todays scientific standards they were all bad for me and will cause an alarming amount of various sickness and illness. I figure if I indulged in all the stuff that is "good" for me the shock to my body would kill me. So I'll just go on eating all the stuff that I have survived on all these years and hope all the preservatives I have consumed will preserve me too. Whatcha think?

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

baz
    Real Name
    barry williams
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dave thats 1 of the most profound things we've had on the site well said

ron have you noticed that all the stuff we used to eat was replaced with stuff that tastes of cardboard and the wrapper now has more nutrition than the food

i think its time we found a new land again (go up young man)
    then we can make 3 ships and dump all the litigators in them and clear the lands for true freedom
    we(europe) did it before and got rid of all the layers and some of the religious zealot to the new world and the antipodes
    Last edited by baz; 01-30-2005 at 04:58 PM.
    An Eagle may fly high but a Weasel doesnt get sucked into a jet engine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was twelve a game warden caught me waterskiing behind a little aluminum boat with a twelve horse motor. I didn't have life jacket on.
    He read my dad the riot act saying I was gonna get killed doing that. My dad argued that the kid happens to hold the state record in the 50 freestyle, what is he worried about? We got a warning, no ticket and the game warden came back that evening to donate us a ski vest from the lost and found bin.
    Today they'd have a kid sent to a foster home for that. In Montana, anyway!

Oh, baz, your big funny boots are tap dancing dangerously close to some fragile toes again....
    Last edited by jeff denton; 01-30-2005 at 04:14 PM.

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In reguards to the original post, I am very worried about what the future holds. The kids now that need the cell phones and pagers and video games and ritalin will one day be running this country. What will things be like then?

Born to Drive
    73 GT
    Sport suspension, lowered 2", polyurethane bushings, Koni Reds, adjustable pan hard rod, 215/40/16 on 16x7.5" front and 245/35/16 on 16x9" rear ESM wheels, Ported intake, custom cold air intake, sprint exhaust manifold, 2" free flow exhaust, 4-core radiator, Getrag 5-speed, Momo steering wheel, Saks heavy duty clutch, Euro style driving lights, tinted windows, seats from Acura Integra, 3 point retractable seat belts from a '75 Manta, flush mount aircraft style gas cap

Real Name
    Jared
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the worlds so screwy already i just can't imagine my generation running the country, i only wish i coulda grew up in the 50's or 70's. 50's seemed to be just good ole fun, nothing less, nothing more, and the 70's was nothing but kids running around in hotrods when they weren't smoking pot. i dont smoke pott so i'd strictly be running around in the 66 327SS chevelle i dream of. not a big block fan, but i just admire the 327 smallblock chevys. if vicki only puta 327 4 bolt main engine in her hotrod opel with a M22 Rockcrusher 4 speed, she might find it missin!!!

shame on me, always stray off the subject so far, everytime!!!

anyways, we're screwed even worse than we are now.
    previousely owned 8 GTs and 1 manta.

currently own

92 25th anniversary Z28. Ttop, leather, 370CI LSx T56 swap
    407 RWHP, 391 RWTQ, 11.74 @ 121

67 chevy sportvan deluxe....next in line.

73 chevy K-10- plow truck

71 GT, 1.9 4speed

2007 chevy silverado 1500, crewcab, loaded, Canadian limited edition GFX package Daily driver

Downloads
    Uploads
    just to throw in my opinion, since i am a "kid" at only 21, i've grown up being told what to do by people that lived through that age, and since you enjoyed those freedoms, you now think that you are lucky to have lived through them and don't allow your kids to live them. don't mean to step on anybody's toes here, but that's how i see it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not really that we don't allow our kids the experiences we had, it' more likely that we would rather they listen to our advice and prevent them from making the mistakes that we did! I'm sure this is nothing new.
    Basically I think the problem boils down to this. There are too many people in the world. We don't have room for them all, much less the results of their stupidity and carelessness. Bad things affect more people than ever.
    Somehow it has become unnecessary to take responsibility for the things we've done or have let happen. So a higher power has to step in and make sure we are not being a danger to ourselves and others. It gets a little ridiculous for sure but the their hearts are in the right place.
    What I'm doing about it is making sure my kids grow up right. I try to be a good parent, but it's hard to know what is right sometimes. I have two girls, age six and nine, both go to private school (Montessori) which costs $800 a month. To do this we have to live in a mobile home and drive an 86 Suburban. We live like this instead of spending that $800 a month on a bigger house payment and a payment on a plastic car that isn't worth what you owe on it.
    Private schools take most of the governmental baloney out of what kids learn at this crucial stage of development. Public schools here get an "F" grade from the educational system monitors. They teach kids "it's OK to be gay" and stuff that they have no business preaching. I think parents who send their kids to public school are shirking their parental responsibilities to at least some degree. And church is where to send your kids to get a ridiculous answer to the question that is impossible to answer without starting a war. Worse yet, church is where you send you precious boy to get buttf&$#%ed by people you told him to trust. Makes me sick.
    Feel free to bite my head off now, I can take it and respect other opinions, my political and religious views tend to get some real scrappers going! I promise not to send half a million tin soldiers on a two thousand mile march to kill you for not believing in what I do. How's that, baz?
    Last edited by jeff denton; 01-30-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good One! "granteeton"

Being born in 1950, I lived through those eras and am constantly disgusted by those of my generation who behave like meally-mouthed control freaks.
    The only explaination I have is that these people missed out on the "freedoms" of those eras, due to personal inability to handle it, and now have set about to deny the next generations' their chance at living!

The question I ask is: "Who is SELLING the cell phones, Ritalin, etc. to the kids?" and "Exactly who is denying them the fredom to grow up unmolested?"

Even makes me want to defend liberty with extreme prejudice some times ....... guess we will have to leave that to the next generation!
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

Downloads
    Uploads
    It all boils down to individual freedoms and personal responsibility for choices. Once we get on the slippery slope of handing our liberties to any "higher power" (and who might that be?), we can kiss it all goodbye. Someone "in power" will ALWAYS suspect that they know what is best for you. That's why you get to tell your kids what to do...at least while they live in your house.

But kids need to learn real freedom, which means accepting all the consequences for their actions. Otherwise, the next-generation will be told how to think/act... by those in power pushing the ritalin, etc.

baz
    Real Name
    barry williams
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs uptap dancing and other things

Quote Originally Posted by jeff denton
    my political and religious views tend to get some real scrappers going!
    jeff i dont mind tap dancing if we can get rid of politicos ,religious fanatics and especialy LAWYERS
    we all want a better life for our kids but its never easy to get this across
    i have just last year got back to my family and find it very hard to get across to my kids (19+17)that i know what they want to do and it sounds right to them but having done that when i was there age it will only end in grief
    it is some times a case of sod it go ahead and see but we all want to help them avoid it
    "opel(to keep it about cars )"
    and we all know we learnd it the same way from our folks who got it from there folks and on and on
    its why our kids move out when they can and why we moved out when we could
    but without control of some sort we would still be fighting each other
    about the water rights to a mud hole in africa and the dolphins would have there rightfull place as top animal on the earth

i have to go and have one of my dried frog pills now and a little lie down
    An Eagle may fly high but a Weasel doesnt get sucked into a jet engine.

Thread Information