Easy Street Carefree AZ - Page 4
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Easy Street Carefree AZ

Downloads
    Uploads

How Cold Was It ?

Looking out my AZ front door at hail in February after a week in Florida. Unusual.
    Caught a ride with slracer to MECUM Auction Thursday 3 14 2019.
    We saw no Opels, closest cousin was this Pontiac Solstice, 2 or 3 for sale here.
    At least 2 Mercury Sun Valley s , Rare survivor glass roof. Ahead of their time.

Back to the Question "How Cold Was It ?"
    ....It was so cold that not everyone was wearing shorts.

Found this perfect Indian, but didn't take a test ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    guyopel likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a little nostalgia time travel for me , you're welcome to come along.
    The first time I went to England I wanted to rent a Mini , but ended up with a VW Polo, also pretty small.
    At the McDonald's Pavilions there have been several original , including Rover built, and 'new' Minis this year.
    When I got an invitation to pretend I was back in the UK I went for it.
    I have not driven my GT to this free every Saturday afternoon, open to all show yet, but plan to correct that soon.
    norbertone.gt371 likes this.

Real Name
    Craig Roberts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like you may need to trade the GT for a Mini.... I think you'll get in and out easier. The right hand drive scares me on the USA roads but I'm sure you can find one w/LHD.
    Craig Roberts

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRoy View Post
    This is a little nostalgia time travel for me , you're welcome to come along.
    The first time I went to England I wanted to rent a Mini , but ended up with a VW Polo, also pretty small.
    At the McDonald's Pavilions there have been several original , including Rover built, and 'new' Minis this year.
    When I got an invitation to pretend I was back in the UK I went for it.
    I have not driven my GT to this free every Saturday afternoon, open to all show yet, but plan to correct that soon.
    When I lived in New Orleans, I used to go to the British car show every year because two of my engineers were members of the sponsoring club. My friends had an Austin Healy 3000 and a Sunbeam Alpine with the small block ford engine, respectively, but there was always an Austin Mini full-competition car there that I liked. It was black, with racing engine, racing tires, roll cage and big yellow numbers and was a beautiful little car.
    The owner said that it had a compression ratio in the 14:1 neighborhood and that it would only function on race fuel. He fired up for me and revved it a time or two and the sound would just raise the hair on your neck. It had a megaphone tipped straight exhaust and revved like a dragster. Cubic inch for cubic inch, it was the wildest sounding engine that I had ever heard.
    Last edited by SpringGT; 06-24-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    GTRoy likes this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doug Roberts and I went to the McDonald's Pavilions Scottsdale car show again this afternoon.
    Within 10 minutes we spotted a GT looking for a space. I took a shot, looking into the sun.

The GT owner, John R. owned this car on Long Island NY. ..2.0 L, Webber, Aluminum Radiator, 4 Speed, Big Wheels & Tires ,
    Obvious body modifications and more. We exchanged contact info and will try to get a line of Opels showing here in future.
    IIRC he said this was his first time at Pavilions show, so our timing was very good... First Opel I've ever seen at this weekly show.

It was crowded this Saturday because the weather was good and Barrett-Jackson and Russo & Steele are less than 10 miles away.
    I plan to see cars at B-J Monday and may go back a second day, possibly check out R&S also. So check in for more pics later.
    dpre likes this.

Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice GTRoy, I'm jealous of your weather Snow is predicted over night in the
    Pacific NW Not fun driving the Opel GT

Keep on Opeling rubber side down and shiny side up
    Make a difference and help someone today
    Dan

Real Name
    Craig Roberts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dpre View Post
    Very nice GTRoy, I'm jealous of your weather Snow is predicted over night in the
    Pacific NW Not fun driving the Opel GT
    The weather in NY is great but I'll still be happy to get to AZ where my Targa is. I'm planning on going to Barrett jackson on Wednesday with free passes Doug got at the Ford dealer..It won't be early since I'm not getting into Sky Harbor til 1am.
    Craig Roberts

Downloads
    Uploads
    More of John R. s '71 GT.... & 3 RoadRunners, first 2 at McDonald's Saturday.
    The feathered one was in my backyard, but more often seen seen on the road than these winged Plymouths.
    rrossjr likes this.

Real Name
    Craig Roberts
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pics?

So where are the pic's from Monday at Barrett Jackson I know you took quite a few.
    I'll be going tomorrow/ Wednesday....hope to see you (and perhaps Doug Robinson) there.
    Craig Roberts

Downloads
    Uploads
    I missed Monday at Barrett-Jackson, also Tue., Wed., Thur., & Friday. So here are some more from McDonald's Saturday.
    First, a '59 behind John's GT, A split window Corvette with Roadrunner, One titled " Don't Touch My Riviera"
    Last, 2 oldies, painted to match like twins, but I was told by different owners.

2000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRoy View Post
    I missed Monday at Barrett-Jackson, also Tue., Wed., Thur., & Friday. So here are some more from McDonald's Saturday.
    First, a '59 behind John's GT, A split window Corvette with Roadrunner, One titled " Don't Touch My Riviera"
    Last, 2 oldies, painted to match like twins, but I was told by different owners.
    Roy, here is the info about the "Legends of Speed" exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum: Phoenix Art Museum | Art, Culture, Film in Downtown Phoenix, AZ

They charge $20 for their all day ticket but they also offer a "first Friday" show from 6PM to 10PM for $8. Whatever works!

Doug

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information