New guy...sort of.
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New guy...sort of.

Downloads
    Uploads

New guy...sort of.

So I've purcahsed and shipped from Cal. to Tenn. a 1972 Opel GT automatic. It's basicly all stock. Rebuilt motor. Found it on Ebay motors. The seller was an owner of a salvage yard. He said he just couldn't bring himself to crush it. He bought it from the original owner who had it in storage for 10 years. It's a new hobby and I'm likeing it. So I say to all...hellooooo!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi;
    Welcome to the world of Opels. You just proved the point that all Opels are worth saving from the crusher. Good luck, post often and keep us informed on any and all improvements you make.
    Gene

Downloads
    Uploads

Condition report

When I got the car off the auto carrier here's what I found. Rear muffler hanging and tail pipe rusted through. Minimal body rust. Very rough idle. No cold start without ether. Interior o.k. some tears. All electrics except radio functional. Wiper blades toast. Battery pan rusted through. Tires o.k. one odd one on rt. rear. Spare tire and tools totally original. Disk brakes dragging.

What I've done so far. Replaced all fluids. Changed all filters. Sprayed carb out with cleaner. Installed battery box. Applied armour-all to glass seals, interior vinyl and tires. Cleaned chrome rims and hub caps. Re-seated and inspected spark
    plug cables.

Yesterday I was able to drive a couple of miles and put fresh high octane gas in and that was a real kick. Next item on my list is to re-build the brake master cylinder where I believe the dragging problem is because it's uniform right and left.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, you have a plain 1900 Manta. Anything else and you would have had the rallye type wheels, which look far better on the Manta. I have a set of 75 rallye wheels (5) that might be available in the spring. If you're interested.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gene, You're not paying attention!!! LOL His first line is:

" I've purchased and shipped from Cal. to Tenn. a 1972
    Opel GT automatic"

So I think its a GT. unless he has a 1900 Manta too.

Tom C

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Tom, too many o/t hours, and not enough sleep..ZZZZzzZZZzZZZzzzzZZZZz

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's o.k. fellas! It's a model 77 for sure. I'll attempt to post photos I just took in my garage. I'll have a few questions that most likely need new threads. So keep an eye on me and let me know when I screw up.

Thread Information