Another FNG
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By Opel-In-The-Rough
  • 1 Post By soybean
  • 1 Post By First opel 1981
  • 1 Post By tealcarver
  • 2 Post By tealcarver

Thread: Another FNG

Real Name
    AJ
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another FNG

My love for the GT goes waaay back to childhood, my uncle Joel used to have one and *if* I was really good, he would take me for rides. Found one last week in the Facebook (yeah, I hate it too&#x1f612 unique cars for sale group. Cashed in my coin jar and bought it out of PHX. Its substantially modified, GM 3100 SFI powerplant(converted to carb) TH350 trans, Miata interior, etc etc. Been sitting a long time over the last decade. I had it towed to a buddy's shop in Mesa, hes getting it roadworthy (brakes, tires, belts, hoses, fluids and carb replacement) do I can drive it the 550 miles to SoCal. Could be a great trip! Or the worst idea ever-remains to be seen😁

I'm gonna have lotsa n00b questions so I'll keep my fire suit handy...

AJ
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Opel-In-The-Rough View Post
    My love for the GT goes waaay back to childhood, my uncle Joel used to have one and *if* I was really good, he would take me for rides. Found one last week in the Facebook (yeah, I hate it too&#x1f612 unique cars for sale group. Cashed in my coin jar and bought it out of PHX. Its substantially modified, GM 3100 SFI powerplant(converted to carb) TH350 trans, Miata interior, etc etc. Been sitting a long time over the last decade. I had it towed to a buddy's shop in Mesa, hes getting it roadworthy (brakes, tires, belts, hoses, fluids and carb replacement) do I can drive it the 550 miles to SoCal. Could be a great trip! Or the worst idea ever-remains to be seen😁

I'm gonna have lotsa n00b questions so I'll keep my fire suit handy...

AJ
    Hello, I believe the 550 miles you drive back are going to be very memorable indeed. Most indeed it is definitely not stock, saw that from the first picture. A very sweet ride and off of Spacebook. Wow. Good find. I may join the madness just to see if that is a normal find or not. I really should be so lucky. What has been done to the car, has been done in a very good fashion and it is light years ahead of some, including me. With that being said welcome aboard, we are glad you are here, send some more pictures, esp of the engine. What a great find. If your first post, the way you are posting it, says to me, some military in your background. Take care, Jarrell , just one of the herd.
    Last edited by soybean; 05-11-2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    Ooooner likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good looking ride.

It looks comfy but I know it's still an Opel GT at the core. It will be a fun ride but bring your ibuprofen and tylenol.
    soybean likes this.
    Opel GTs are not GM products
    ̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶— ̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—
    Humans are not an endangered species!
    ̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶— ̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶ ̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶ ̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—̶̶̶̶̶̶̶—

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fng?

Welcome to the forum, you can get just about any information you need to modify your GT. Do a search before posting a new thread, the moderators don't like new threads when the information has been discussed in detail before.

I saw that you used the term FNG. I haven't heard that since my Army days. Thanks for bringing back memories of 53 years ago. It is probably used in other places, but I never heard it outside the Army.

Bob
    Last edited by tealcarver; 05-15-2019 at 12:59 AM.
    Bbutler787 likes this.
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tealcarver View Post
    Welcome to the forum, you can get just about any information you need to modify your GT. Do a search before posting a new thread, the moderators don't like new threads when the information has been discussed in detail before.

I saw that you used the term FNG. I haven't heard that since my Army days. Thanks for bringing back memories of 53 years ago. It is probably use in other places, but I never heard it outside the Army.

Bob
    Some of the 60s memories were good Bob, others not so. You know what I mean. Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Jarrell, I know exactly what you mean. Got out of the Army in 1969, applied for a job, and got it, it paid 2.565 ($2.56 and a half cent) per hour. And it was a union job. Funny how that low pay did pay the bills. I think about the old days, but alway come to the same conclusion: I don't work, I make good money, no debt, yep the "old days" we fun, but I would never want to go back there.

Bob
    soybean and norbertone.gt371 like this.
    71 Chrome Yellow GT

Thread Information