Hello from Hollywood :}
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr DJ-GT
  • 1 Post By Mr DJ-GT
  • 1 Post By Gary

Thread: Hello from Hollywood :}

Real Name
    Mr DJ
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from Hollywood :}

Hello from Hollywood my fellow daredevil Individualist with good taste in vintage wheels... Im DJ, basically a long time Opal fan and self-taught do it yourselfer street mechanic... I rebuilt mine from wrecking yard parts in my old friend Bakley‘s backyard over a nine month period... So naturally I named her “Baby”..,Tho she keeps me on my toes more than a hi maint fashion model wife ever would... Nice to meet other Opel fans. :}
    ubernoob51 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Mr DJ
    Downloads
    Uploads

An issue caught my eye

It’s me again, I vagey recall Reading someone having a stalling issue at high-speed, and it caught my attention because that’s how my recent issue started, and it wound up stalling at low-speed. Mainly during accelerrated right turn take offs that I didn’t catch it until the end.., I rebuild my carburetor, secured the gasket on my intake and exhaust manifold, changed both fuel filters, switched to an electric fuel pump, and finally put in a whole new pertronics electromagnetic point system & MSD Multi spark ignition system only to have it keep stalling halfway around the block in front of all my neighbors who watched me push it back to my garage three times before I realized it sits in my garage Solon there was condensation in the gas tank which causes rust and material flakes to fall off and periodically plug the gas lights on accelerate it right handed take offs. I finally realize the fuel lines were in the driver side rear of the tank & a $.99 clear gas filter told me the whole story... I felt like a shaved tail Lilly spending all that doe, when I could’ve jus fixed it with by removing the gas tank’s fuel level sensor to take a peek inside. Then braking up all those giant rust flakes with a common unraveled coat hanger, before draining the tank, then reaming out the whole gas line, with a 2’ section of stranded 12 gauge electrical wire.... The ssme way I safely clean out pluged up heater cores while still on the car... Oops, I meant to say “the Babe”, She gets kinda upset when I call her a car ;} thinks she’s my wife :}
    soybean likes this.

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome.
    Have you removed the fuel "sock" in the tank?

https://www.opelgt.com/forums/fuel-t...html#post40055

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Mr DJ
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Welcome.
    Have you removed the fuel "sock" in the tank?

https://www.opelgt.com/forums/fuel-t...html#post40055
    Actually not, I still haven’t drained the excess gasoline ftom my own socks... :} A couple spurts kinda got away from me while I was there trying to wiggle that 5 gallon container into position... But you’re right, the fan has been on long enough, and I showered and changed into my other coveralls now, and what kind of quazi grease monkey would I be beaten back by a few gas fumes and irritated skin... it’s just that after the shower I grabbed a brewski & passed out watching Babylon 5, and now this big steak took priority, but don’t tell “Baby”..
    Besides, next weekend I’m going out to Riverside and cherry pick myself another tank that’s not having flaky interior complexion issues :} But thanks for lookin out buddy
    Last edited by Mr DJ-GT; 07-07-2019 at 12:55 AM. Reason: My apologies friend, voice dictation can’t be trusted here

Thread Information