OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Newbie

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello... My name is Russell Hayes and I live in Portland Oregon USA. Just a few weeks ago, I purchased my first Opel. It belonged to a frend of mine who passed away recently. His dream was to build it into something really hot, but never had the chance.

Anyway, his family wanted $800 USD so I bought it and brought it home. Now, I am looking for ideas for building the car that Earl D. would have wanted... I think he would have wanted ground effects

The car needs plenty of care, but it actually runs pretty good when the battery is charged. (needs an alt)

I posted some pics, including the VIN tag. Is there any information about the car on the VIN that may be of interest to me? Does anybody know the orig. color?

I plan on doing as much work this summer as possible and I will keep updating pics. I would like some leads for sources of ground effects. I found OpelGTSource.com but the pics there don't show the different GFX styles well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Pending Member
    Real Name
    Sean Kennedy
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the board.. as a newbie myself the crowd here is nice and I have to say this is the largest collection of Opel knowledge on the net.

Hope all goes well with your project, most of us are in the same state of repair you are.

Post up some picts when you can, I myself am working an a web page/site, so I can show all my issues at hand!

Once again, welcome!

-Sean

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stainless,

I have posted 3 pics to the members photos section so far, and I will post more as I make progress.

Thanks.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://home.attbi.com/~wayneto/Opel/...Chips/1971.gif

Your car was originally Fire Glow (which is a shade of Orange ) per the VIN paint code.
    Bob

Thread Information