Where is Chuck Khuen of T.C. Coach
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Where is Chuck Khuen of T.C. Coach

Downloads
    Uploads

Were is Gary of T.C. Coach

I am in search of the person that got me hooked on Opel Gt's. His name is Gary (sorry I have forgoten is last name), and he was the owner of T.C. Coach in Columbus Ohio. He owned a lot of different Opels and would do work on restorying Opels for other folks.

I have just lost track of him. I have tried looking up T.C. Coach,(no luck) and his old location (no luck). I have just lost touch with him. He was of great help to me when my brother, Dad and I started working on the Opels and I would like to touch base with him to see what he is up to now. Who know he may have an Opel for Sale.

One of the things that he did that was great was put an A/C unit in an Opel GT that did not have one to start with, all creative work, he was real good!!!

Rick in Atlanta

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    My brother has a better memory than I he saw my posting and told me. The owner of T. C. Coach was Chuck Khuen, not Gary. So if any one knows were Chuck Khuen is I would love to know.

Rick in Atlanta

Project 1450 supporter... Site Supporter RallyBob's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TC Coach used to buy parts from me in my Opel parts-selling days. I'm sure I could find an old invoice with the address, but that may not prove useful if he's moved on.

Bob

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be a start. I would like the info.

Rick

P.S.(Thanks Gary for changing the title of the Topic)

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by benncojr
    P.S.(Thanks Gary for changing the title of the Topic)
    I am innocent! It was Super Moderator Keith.

Project 1450 supporter... Site Supporter RallyBob's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bob Legere
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went back through 8 years of invoices...no luck finding them. Sorry.

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for trying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Moderator Keith. You are great.

My dad told me that the last name spelling may me off but it is close.

T.C Coach mostly did work on customizing Vans. He did some work for on ambulances and rescue fire trucks also.

I have done a search on the last name with no luck. So any info would be helpful (like the correct spelling of his last name)

Thanks for the help

Rick in Atlanta

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found this page listing "Chuck Kuhn" in ohio, driving an Opel GT.
    I'm not sure if that helps, but maybe it's the correct spelling of his name?

http://www.ovr-scca.org/race_results/roc01_4.asp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the info. I will use it thanks

Rick

Downloads
    Uploads
    This a a great forum!!!

Using the information from "72GT", I was able to get a message to Chuck Kuhn. He called me today and brought me up to date.

He is still alive an raceing Opel GT's. He is using a realitive stock GT with some cheep improvements (Like a 72 Vega trany, and a Issu(?) Impuse turbo rear brakes, and some work on the 1.9 eng., like running a higher compression).

He told me that he was 2nd two years ago in the country in his class, and on the back straight at Mid Ohio, was able to get it up to 140 mph. ( I would like to see that).

All in all it was a great conversation. I will be making a run up to Ohio to help my mom and dad move so I told him I may give him a call and stop by and see him.

Thanks guy I greatly apprechate the help

Rick in Atlanta

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Don't forget to tell Chuck to visit OpelGT.com!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did, I did!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Now The Fun Starts

Thank you Opel forum!!
    Because of you I have been able to get an Opel and have rekindled a passion that I had lost.
    This is the story.
    When I was in collage (1985) my brother, Dad and I were introduced to the Opel GTs by a business friend of my Dad. We all fell in love with it and purchased one (Number 1) and started to restore it as a family project. I striped all the paint down to the metal and sanded out all the body putty. There were a lot of long hours fixing the rust, rewiring the bad wires and fixing this that and the other, replacing transmissions and engines. Looking back on that period of time it brought us together.
    We rotated who got to drive it but most of the time my brother drove it to and from school. Well one day he let his girl friend drive it (with my parents permission), and you guess it, she t-boned a 1988 Buick Regale in a shopping center. The front end was toast but the drive train was good as well a lot of other parts. We used the insurance monies from the settlement with her insurance company (long story – will tell over a beer if you like to hear) to purchase another Opel GT (Number 2). We parted out the damaged GT and drove number 2. During this time I purchased on my own a Blue GT (Number 3). However between school, girl friend and work, I never got to restore it so my brother, Dad and I parted it out. Now we had parts from 2 GTs and had one running.
    Well time past and both me and my brother left home, he went to Tiwan and I went to Atlanta Ga. Dad and Mom had to leave the business and the family shop were we work on Opel’s (Dad’s business was two way radios, when Cell phones came his business dried up) . My brother’s Opel stayed with Dad and I went without. Because of the job market in Ohio, mom and dad moved to FLA. On the way down he stopped in with the Opel GT.

My boys fell in love with it (they are 8 and 5), and so did I. I went on the web and found this place and wanted to see what had been going on with GT’s during the last 13 years.

I found this place and asked if I could have help finding the person that got me started on GT’s. With some input from you folks I was able to find him.

From the meeting with the person that got me started on the GT’s, I am now the happy owner of a 73 GT (needs lots of restoring) with very little rust and minor body work.

Well it is late and I have to take care of a little boy (he broke his hand today) I will continue the saga latter

Rick in Atlanta
    NEW 73 GT OWNER

Thread Information