Anybody in NC?
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anybody in NC?

Downloads
    Uploads

Anybody in NC?

My very first car was a 1972 Opel GT. I bought it in 1976 when I turned 16. It was green with a white interior. 1900cc/automatic with 72k miles. I added factory air that I salvaged from a junk yard. I loved the car and drove it for 2 years until it made intimate contact with a street light (I let a friend borrow it...)

Anyway, I was hoping someone in my area had one--I'd love to have a close look at one again.

Anybody need help with their a/c systems, I'm an expert. I'm also pretty good at restorations--just got done with my '77 'vette:

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    i will be in mooresville in november so i will let you check mine out
    i have a ac bracket and compressor for my gt and i want to put it on so all the help i can get it will take
    hey mine is even a 72
    -JOSH-

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's only about an hour or so from here--no problem--I drive that way often for photo shoots. Great!

Do you have all the parts to make it work? If so I have all the tools and equipment to hook it up and make it run cold--I can throw it all in my van.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    I live in the northern part of Raleigh and would love to hook up with a fellow Opeler. Contact me via email at [email protected] and we can get together.
    Mike

Downloads
    Uploads
    well hopefully i will have all the stuff the lines are the only things im not sure about but i will have a evap, condenser, dryer, valve and compressor so i will get ahold of you when i get up there
    -JOSH-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have the factory a/c console that fits over the normal center console? I think they're kind of a neat idea!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any a/c shop can make new lines--while you wait usually and for not very much $.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no i dont want one they r ugly but i have an extra heater unit i was goin to build of of and use the heater routing somehow
    i have a good mind for tha kind of thing i also have another gt that is stripped out inside i can do r&d on
    -JOSH-

Downloads
    Uploads
    cool it will be the only car at the house with ac so i dk about the system much just what i learned in school
    also which is a better spt to put the dryer close to the evap or by the condenser
    -JOSH-

Downloads
    Uploads
    The dryer needs to be near the evaporator--it's also the accumulator.

Downloads
    Uploads
    also in mooresville where i am moving i know there is a guy there that drives a bright green manta a he lives off route 3 i think
    -JOSH-

Thread Information