Another newbie missing his 73GT
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Another newbie missing his 73GT

Downloads
    Uploads

Another newbie missing his 73GT

My name is Anthony. I grew up in Youngstown, Ohio where I bought my first GT at 16. I loved it and finally was made to sell it by my parents due to lack of money to keep it running. All in all, it was a clean car and needed very little attention (to run well that is). It was originally blue, but was a faded black when I bought it.
    Onto northern California, 1988 and I buy my second 73 GT in Vacaville, near Travis AFB where I was stationed. I drive it home, tear it down, clean it, paint it and drive it to my first show in Southern CA a few months later. I took first place. A few more shows and a few more first place, I decide to only drive it on choice days. Lucky for me it's CA so I got to drive it a lot over the years. Over the next 13 years, I lugged it around with me back to Ohio and back again to CA, only southern CA this time. Now it needs to be restored again. I put a lot of miles on it, the engine is tired and the paint, due to poor prep and the cold Ohio weather is bubbling from uunderneath Living in a condo with only a one car garage in Mission Viejo, I decide to sell it. Someone in San Diego buys it for his daughter and they drive it home with a few boxes full of rare parts I've collected over the years.
    So now I want to know what happened to it. Did you restore it, wreck it, sell it again? Are you here whomever you are?

I'm restoring a 1963 Ford Falcon at the time so an Opel will have to wait until the future. I miss that red 1973 Opel GT...

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    back to the top…

Downloads
    Uploads
    Three years between posts is quite a bit of time. Are you perhaps closer to getting another Opel? My first Gt was also a Red 1973 model. I had the fun of driving it new off the show room floor and for the following 7 years. I also would like to know it,s fate. I suspect it became a donor for some Gts life extension , but it would be nice to find out it had been lovingly restored. I still have the vin # and pay attention to the for sell ads to see if it pops up.

Thread Information