just bought a new house and guess what came with? OPEL GT
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: just bought a new house and guess what came with? OPEL GT

Downloads
    Uploads

Postjust bought a new house and guess what came with? OPEL GT

Hey everyone,
    my parents just bought a new house and an opel gt came with it. I don't know what year it is. i'm 15 and don't have very much expierence with cars. So you'll probably see alot of me on this forum. I hate being a newbie. But this looks like the best site ever, my thanks goes out to the people who made this site.

lates,
    Samuel

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! Is that where you sleep or did they give you a room? (The seats really are comfy!)

When I was about 17-18 my parents almost bought a house with a Cushman in the garage. It was the three wheel truck with the standup cab in front. It would have been so much cooler than all the Camaros in my neighborhood.....
    "No, it's not fiberglass."
    "No, the motor is not in the back."
    "No, your friend in high school did not 'peg' his speedometer."

Downloads
    Uploads

opel in house

I here yea on the cushmen,,,,,I also have to say that this is the best car site that i have ever been on,,, there is alot of aircooled people out there and not one good site,,(even if there was it would not keep me from the opel life I live),,,,,may the blitz be with you!
    "WHAT YEAR IS THAT 280Z?"
    "Is it an old prototype corvette?"
    "O.K. what the h*ll is it?"
    "You want to sell it?"

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    15 is a good year to start on a car. Doing a little of this, little of that and you'll have a nice ride when you get your licence. I can't say to take it easy, BUT! it is an antique. In my day (when Opels where first sold in the states) the girls liked to cruise in sports and muscle-cars, I don't think it's changed, has it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude get that car running and you can't start calculate the coolness factor in high school....trick it out and you will reap

Downloads
    Uploads
    This site has fantastic archieves. Make sure to use the search feature. I would start off with a search on compression, that should bring up a few of the 'bought a new opel' threads, lots of great information. Dont hesitiate to ask any question you might have.

As for the coolness factor in high school...even in wyoming where trucks with lifts are what most people oogle over the gt holds it own! Tons of people want to ride around in it. It's a really fun car to own. Be careful, opels tend to be addictive

Downloads
    Uploads
    well thanks for the welcome. The only thing i need to figure out is what year the car is. The car looks really nice on the outside it's white and i'm gonna get it a nice paint job. I keep hearing about cracks on the dash board. but when i was looking inside i couldn't find any visible ones, but i'll check again. well i can't wait to fix it up.
    lates,
    Samuel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    I would see what I could do about a title for that car....If the title holder showed up they can take it away.

Garry

Downloads
    Uploads
    hey dude the best way to do it is to lean sale the car. then its all yours with the titel and no late registration fee's or at least in cali thats how it is. i am also in high school and my gt isnt even done yet but ive showed pics to all my friends and they say its the sweetest car theyve ever seen. just wait itll i get this baby done also make sure to install some sort of cut off switch and dont tell any of ur friends about it were i am ur friends sometimes decide to steal ur keys and go for rides in ur car inbetween classes.

70's Opeler, back 4 more!
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You may already have the title, but if not...

You might want to just check with the prior owners to see if they might have the original title and just sign it over to you. OR have them apply to the state for a duplicate if it was theirs and they can't find the original.

If they can not be reached or don't want to help, you might want to see if you or your folks know a lawyer or one that can point you to a lawyer to acquire a "quiet" title. I've also heard of them called a "sheriffs" title for dumped cars.

I would make sure to document everything you do with or concerning the car, including talking to the prior owner, or attempts to contact them. Also, if you can get an affidavit from the prior owner of the house where the car was, stating the disposition of the car, it will help you should you need to have a lawyer apply for title.

All that documentation will pay off should the legal system get involved.

Good luck and best wishes with it. You will definitely have fun with it.
    Two left turns don't make a right,
    but three do!

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You also might want to check and see if your state has a "abandon vehicle" clause, where, if you go through all the steps properly, you can aquire a clear title to the car without having to deal with the former owners.
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Thread Information