missouri opels
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: missouri opels

opel assimilated
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smilemissouri opels

just a shot in the dark, but can anybody track there gt to a previous life in Springfield Missouri? I am just curious to see if anyone has the one i grew up with. Parents sold it and have no idea where it went. Would be kinda interesting to find out if we recycle the same opels.
    "and James Dean thought he had a lil' Bastard!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you grew up in Springfield? I grew up in Rolla, about 101 miles from you. Saw a Red GT once (in the 80's) for sale between Rolla and Jeff City, and then several years later a GI had one for sale at Ft. Leonard Wood.
    George
    Might end up back in MO one day

Born to Drive
    73 GT
    Sport suspension, lowered 2", polyurethane bushings, Koni Reds, adjustable pan hard rod, 215/40/16 on 16x7.5" front and 245/35/16 on 16x9" rear ESM wheels, Ported intake, custom cold air intake, sprint exhaust manifold, 2" free flow exhaust, 4-core radiator, Getrag 5-speed, Momo steering wheel, Saks heavy duty clutch, Euro style driving lights, tinted windows, seats from Acura Integra, 3 point retractable seat belts from a '75 Manta, flush mount aircraft style gas cap

Downloads
    Uploads
    St Louis here. There aren't to many Missouri Opelers that I know of. I know KC has a quite a few. There are a couple in the middle of the state and I know of a yellow manta near farminton. Opelbits has a GT here, Raven has a GT in Bellville il. I have heard that serval people have seen a tan manta here in STL. A kadet c in west county.

I know of a parked GT and one with a parked manta both here in STL.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opel fan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was cruing an Opel GT in Arnold back in late 78 till mid 80, my Dad had one too, he worked downtown St. Louis, they were both daily drivers. We had 3 at one time there, we used to kid ourselves about cornering the Arnold market for Gts.
    Jim B.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hlive in NE Arkansas and own 6 GT's(in various conditions). I bought the GT from the GI in Fort Leonardwood. It is a green 1973 with an odd engine in it. The valve cover says opel on it, but the hood will not close correctly because the valve cover is too large. The motor doesn"t look like a 1.9 or a 1.1L.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe lost Opel history found

I purchased a yellow 70 GT in Berryville Arkansas in 1976 drove it to Littleton, CO played with it there until 1979 then moved with it to Springfield in June. Purchased a 69 Kadette for a doner motor to keep my GT on the road while I built the 1.9 to much higher performance specs. Then I would cruise Kearney st, and thrash all the V8 powered "hotrods" until I sold it in 1982??. 1970 GT yellow, no headlight buckets, header and cam from Mantapart, modified Holly Weber carb. My dad also had an orange 1971 during the same period which he sold in Springfield in 1981?? it was in stock condition 1900 4 speed.
    I am in the process of purchasing a project 1969 or 1970 GT if the owner can get the title cleared up.

Without an Opel in the hands but not without an Opel in the heart.

Bret