just bought a gt
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: just bought a gt

Downloads
    Uploads

just bought a gt

hello, i am new here. my nane is willie carter from sheboygan wisconsin. after waiting about 5 years i just purchaced my dream car, a gt in need of restoration, and was looking for someone to give me some info, tech help and advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well Willie, you came to the right place. For starters try going to the "Forums" and check them out, they are set up in models of Opels and in the various chapters of the Factory Service Manual, that is, electrics, engine, tranny, rear-end, etc. Just click on what you're looking for and a whole list of threads relating to that system will appear on your screen. Welcome to the wonderful world of Opels.

Ron

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Willie,
    Welcome and congrats on your GT! I have a '73 Manta and live in Mequon, just north of Milwaukee. Several of us are having an Opel gathering on May 8 in Mequon, so I hope you can join us. The last time we met, there were 4 GT's and a Manta there, and the owner of the place we're meeting at has several GTs in various states from nicely running to parts cars. The group has a lot of great advice, experience, and contacts for parts etc. I'll email you with the info. The folks on this site are great, too, and willing to respond with help and honest advice.

I grew up in Sheboygan and my parents still live there. It is a great place to be! My parents bought their '72 Manta new from Rodewald on Calumet drive, which was the car I learned to drive on. A lot of memories with that car... Best wishes with your GT!
    -Jeff W.
    '73 Manta

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by manta73wi
    Hi Willie,
    Welcome and congrats on your GT! I have a '73 Manta and live in Mequon, just north of Milwaukee. Several of us are having an Opel gathering on May 8 in Mequon, so I hope you can join us. The last time we met, there were 4 GT's and a Manta there, and the owner of the place we're meeting at has several GTs in various states from nicely running to parts cars. The group has a lot of great advice, experience, and contacts for parts etc. I'll email you with the info. The folks on this site are great, too, and willing to respond with help and honest advice.

I grew up in Sheboygan and my parents still live there. It is a great place to be! My parents bought their '72 Manta new from Rodewald on Calumet drive, which was the car I learned to drive on. A lot of memories with that car... Best wishes with your GT!
    -Jeff W.
    '73 Manta
    i plan on being there but i will have to drive my fiat, hope not to get anyone mad at me. my gt is actually in saulkville, my parents house, maybe during the cruse we could go there and take a look? just off of hwy O near the golf cource hawthorn hills.

Thread Information