Hello All!
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello All!

Downloads
    Uploads

TalkingHello All!

Hey all. Just one more opel nut for ya! Just got a hold on a '70 GT. Not the best condition but keeps me coming back for more! Its good to finally find a group of similar peoples.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

PostBTW

Also with my '70, me and a couple of my friends have been looking for a 350 to switch with the 1.9. But first the Paint Job!

Downloads
    Uploads
    GTSmooth, before you think about putting a 350 in your GT, read the engine swap forum real closely. You would have to do some major frame modifications to install an engine that big and do a lot of cutting of sheetmetal in the engine bay. Also, have a supply of windshields handy. The torque from a 350 could pop out the windshield from excessive body twist. It can be done, without a doubt, but a lot of modifications need to be done in preparation.

Ron

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, welcome to the "club". But as far as the 350 (Chevy, I assume your talking about), you may want to reed in the forums about transplants. To put any high horse engine into a GT is gonna take ALOT of work. Like cutting and rebuilding the fire wall. Also building a add-on to the frame because the uni-body will not take the twisting due too the high HP/tourqe. Trying to find a leaf-spring to carry the weight that's also the correct width. Lot's of things to consider in that type of thing. Look for namba209's V6 upgrade and the work he needed to do. Then figure on the length addition of 2 extra cyls.
    Well, that's my 2c's. Welcome again

Downloads
    Uploads

PostYep

We realized all of that. We just kinda thought that it would be a fun project to make it work. It probaly wont happen for a while, because i just want it to run at first. It was in storage for about 5 years. The guy would start it every once and a while but it needs almost everything. BTW. Does anyone know where i could find a lower radiator hose? Or do i have to use a crapy flex-hose??

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Opel GT Source (aka OGTS) at http://www.opelgtsource.com/ for all of your Opel needs. I have looked, but have never found them from any other source.
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT

Downloads
    Uploads

Forgot

I totally forgot about that site. They have a whole bunch of stuff. That will really help pretty soon. Also another question. One of my headlights are messed up. It doesnt want to turn over when i pull the lever. And since that one wont go up, the other one wont also. I think the lights just arent lined up properly. HELP!
    Chad

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chad,

There's a whole bunch of threads devoted to the topic. Do a search, or just go to:

https://opelgt.com/forums/forumdispla...=&forumid=1163

for mechanical advice, or to:

https://opelgt.com/forums/forumdispla...=&forumid=1149

for electrical advice.

In fact, we (specifically I) try to keep the threads "on topic" to make future member searches easier and more productive. If you happen to find yourself drifting on to a new problem, please just start a new thread under the appropriate heading. If you don't, a moderator will split the thread into the "old" and a "new" one

HTH
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT

Thread Information