New Person on Board
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New Person on Board

Downloads
    Uploads

New Person on Board

Hi,

My name is Scott, and I am the one currently buying the 1971 GT on the Ad Board. My last car was stolen, and destroyed. What an insane ordeal, one which I hope nobody reading this has to deal with.

Rather than get into another new car payment I had an epiphany. Why not: save some money, and drive something I might actually enjoy? So I started looking...Corvairs, MGs, Triumphs, Fiats, Opels...

I have to say that the Opel GT has fascinated me since I first saw one in Ft. Davis, TX-when I was back in college. So I decided-Opel.

Finding one for sale online was proving to be a bit of a challenge though. Don't get me wrong... I found cars, and am not afraid of tearing something apart to fix a problem. I just didn't want to tear everything down because it required such. I think I've found a match.

Now, I live in the Houston/Galveston area, and was wondering if there are any/many Opel drivers nearby?

I'm sure that I will be frequenting this board, as the knowledge base seems exhaustive, yet friendly.

Anyway, I'll let y'all go, as this has ended up being a rather long-winded, "Hello!"

Beannachd leat,

Scot

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Scott;
    Welcome to the Opel Community! You actually have a whole lot of Opelers out your way. Try www.texasopel.com and get to know your fellow Texan Opelers! But, don't forget to keep coming back here too !!
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

70's Opeler, back 4 more!
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Scott,

Welcome to the forum and to the GT.

I picked up my GT in Willis about a year and a half ago. I'm working in Brenham, but go in and out of Bush Airport every week.
    Two left turns don't make a right,
    but three do!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: New Person on Board

Originally posted by Scott McDonald
    Hi,

Now, I live in the Houston/Galveston area, and was wondering if there are any/many Opel drivers nearby?

Scot
    Welcome to the list Scott- well if you live between Houston and Galveston, then you surely know where League City is?
    Thats where I am. There is another Opel in Angleton, just south of Pearland, plus a couple of others in this area that I am not sure if they are on this list.

Texas Opel Preservation Society

Downloads
    Uploads

That is exactly where I live.

League City, that is. Cool!

Downloads
    Uploads
    South Shore Harbour- Harbour Park area?

Texas Opel Preservation Society

Downloads
    Uploads

West of I-45

I live in Ellis Landing. We're practically neighbors.

Real Name
    Dean
    Downloads
    Uploads

welcome

I guess you bought the silver gt...very nice!looks like you will be driving soon. ...instead of fixing up.I saw it on the ad board too.

you will like this site. everything you need to know about care and maintainance of your gt is here.

why would you want a triumph or mg? those are too easy to get parts for....plus there are still shops that restore them.

I agree... the opel gt is so much cooler.you are now annointed into the opel brotherhood.
    Celeste: 1917cc ,Getrag ,Big valves,ported,ISKY cam on solids,Opel forged rods,9.52 compression,total seal gapless,oil dam,RB gasket mod., DCOE side drafts,sprint,pertronix,SACHS clutch,OGTS & Kadette sway bars,no oil leaks. Big brakes. Avatars Photos Carlisle 2010 by Jennie V.Thank you's to Bruce Butler and Gabe Sanchez

Driven twice to Carlisle 2,351 miles RT successfully, broke down on first trip

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the club. This site does have a international flavor to it. I agree about that silver GT. Very nice.

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome from Austin!!

Born to Drive
    73 GT
    Sport suspension, lowered 2", polyurethane bushings, Koni Reds, adjustable pan hard rod, 215/40/16 on 16x7.5" front and 245/35/16 on 16x9" rear ESM wheels, Ported intake, custom cold air intake, sprint exhaust manifold, 2" free flow exhaust, 4-core radiator, Getrag 5-speed, Momo steering wheel, Saks heavy duty clutch, Euro style driving lights, tinted windows, seats from Acura Integra, 3 point retractable seat belts from a '75 Manta, flush mount aircraft style gas cap

Senior Contributor Killer Texas GT's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the Texas seen, come on up Memorial Day weekend just north east of Dallas for our Spring Get Together, There are about 7 or 8 Opelers just in the Houston area. There will be some coming from Houston we will hook you and make a caravan to north Texas. The invite is open to all Opelers, How 'bout you Okies there are at least six there. We are just south of Durant.

Rodney
    Opel Club Tejas

Thread Information