Hello--New Owner
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello--New Owner

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello--New Owner

Hello all,
    Just bought a 71 GT from EBay. I'm picking it up this weekend. I have never bought a car from Ebay before, so hopefully I got a good deal..since I have never personnally seen it, or drove it. A few quick questions:

Does the 71 have the 1.9 or the 1.1 engine??

When I get it home, I'm going to want to change all fluids. What do you recommend for engine oil??

From reading this forum, my first purchases should be Weber carbs, and electronic ignition (if not already).

Also, I live in Colorado..at about 6000 ft. I know carburated cars have a substantial power loss. Anyone know of a good Opel tuner in the Colorado Springs/Denver area??

Awesome forum...looking to be part of the family....

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

hey

dude i live in pueblo colorado. i own a 73 gt. its cool. dude we sould get to gether some time and talk opels. ill try and get nobody to come a long. he livves in canyon city. dude his opel is ssssssssooooooooo cool. i use 10w30
    in my engine. it works pretty good. email me at [email protected]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to see the Opel fans growing here in Colorado. Your 71 will have the 1.9 in it and they are good little motors. It's true that some things like carburetor and ignition could use some upgrading but I would start with making sure the basics work. Brakes, steering, elecrtical are always nice to have working correctly before you tackle too much. There is a gentleman in Denver that used to race Opels that works for a repair shop. I can probably find his name and a contact for him. Let me know when it arrives and I'll come up. Welcome aboard. If you can or want too, post the Ebay # or a link to your car, Then we can all see the new arrival.

Last edited by nobody; 05-11-2004 at 12:22 AM.

Thread Information