Hello All
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello All

Opeler
    Real Name
    Tom
    Downloads
    Uploads

SmileHello All

I joined this wonderful club just 2 months ago, but I have been an Opel owner for 20+ years and have owned, restored, and sold about 8 GT's.
    Right now I have 2, the first is a '71 GT that is a 100% full restoration that is about half done. This car will be perfect when complete, every nut, bolt and square inch of body has been restored and painted. Still, much work to do. The other is a '73 GT that I am currently transplanting a 3.1 V6.
    Many thanks to all who have posted about the V6 transplants, all that information was of GREAT help. I will post my thoughts on this soon, I have many pic's and found some good ideas to share with the rest of you.
    I am sorry that I could not attend Carlisle this year, I have a problem that keeps me from going to fun places......WORK. Not sure what to do about that.
    I am already planning to attend next year, I hope to bring one or both of my current cars (even if the '71 is not yet finished).
    Here in Minnesota there are few Opels left so those of us who have them get lots of attention. I have 2 friends who also have GT's and I am trying to get them to go to Carlisle next year as well.
    Well, enough rambeling for now. Take care all and be well.
    I have enjoyed reading all of the E-mails and look forward to meeting all of you.
    Tom Fuchs

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard Tom, please excuse the Navy parlance from a retarded USAF guy. This is the place to be for Opel owners, also the Yahoo Classic Opels, most of the mebers here are there also. Glad to hear you are restoring an Opel GT to pristine shape, and you've take the plunge and are also doing a V-6 transplant. If you have any questions on the V-6, don't hesitate to ask, I'm in the process of a 3.4 V-6/T-5 and hope to have it done by August for the OMC picnic at Van Nuys, CA. Have your friends come along to this site also, the more the merrier and the more ideas the better. We do have some premier, knowledgable folks on this site that can answer any question about Opels. And there are suppliers of Opel parts listed elsewhere on the site. Welcome to the site and enjoy.

Ron

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome, Tom. This is a good place for ideas about our Gt's (and other Opels!!). And some comfort when we have those difficult "wrench" monents. I'm also in the planning/restoring phase and have receieved lots of excellent tips on things I wouldn't have thought of until too late. And, there are lots of good natured people here (and a couple of jokers ).

Thread Information