German mag names Opel husbands BEST ?
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: German mag names Opel husbands BEST ?

Opeler
    Real Name
    Paul
    Downloads
    Uploads

German mag names Opel husbands BEST ?

As I was driving to work yesterday, the news announcer on a local radio station happened to mention that the German car magazine "Men's Car" just did a survey of thousands of drivers, hoping to discover the marque that claimed the most steadfast and loyal spouses. Gentlemen, HERE YOU HAVE IT: the next time your wife gets after you for the never ending tinkering, being covered in grease, tools all over the place, etc, the announcer said the survey found that Porsche drivers were the most disloyal, cheating, unstable scoundrels of all car owners, with approximately 50% of them admitting to being non-trustworthy infidels. Other marques faired better, as one would imagine, but of all drivers, Opel owners were the ABSOLUTE BEST husbands, tried and true, faithful, devoted, pillars of goodness.
    I did check on the announcer's story, and found it to be true. I found some specifics at www.motoring.co.za. On the website, go to "wheel briefs", there is a short summary of the article among the storys listed.
    Now, it gets really interesting. The publication did another survey, which I found at msnbc.com, and of the 2,253 motorists surveyed, the PORSCHE drivers were the least active in the, a, well, know what I mean, nudge-nudge, hint-hint, say no more, department ..... trailing behind Japanese, and even KOREAN car owners. Maybe Hyundai could incorporate that into next year's advertizing campaign... you know, how about "You GET More in a Hyundai, yeah, even more then in a PORSCHE". Then Austin Powers steps in and says YEEAAAHH BABEYYY !!!!

I'll have to leave it to the rest of the group to figure out if there is any connection between long-term dedicated relationships, and Opel ownership. Is my wife of 18 yrs really secretly in love with my GT, and not me? Or is the challenge of keeping the Opel running year after year, figuring out a way to make it work somehow, just a character trait that influences our life habits? Personally, I think we're all pathetic idiots, and our wives just feel sorry for us. Or, more likely, its something like, what OTHER woman would WANT somebody who drives an Opel, so it's Opel ownership itself that wilingly or unwillingly precludes us to monkhood. There has got to be some reason for this !

The news announcer ended the piece with this "The people who had the longest and best marriages were the owners of OPELS, according to the survey. So if you want a long and faithful marriage ladies, I guess you'll have to find someone who owns an OPEL". When I heard this at 7:45 AM coming out of my radio, I nearly crashed into the guy in front of me in the Porsche (with the gold chains, Just-For-Men fake blond hair, and disco shirt).

When word gets out on this, gents, we'll all be so much in demand, getting out of your Opel will be like being a Beatle in '65 trying to get from the limo to the back door of the stage. "Ooooh, he drives an Ooooopel" !!!

We'll be fighting them off with sticks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opel fan
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeeaaahh Babeyyy !!!!

Groovey man, I can hardly wait!!
    Jim B.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Other Side!

"Poor sad (unprintable) illegitimates who are so obsessed with their beautiful cars that they are incapable of forming more than one human relationship at a time". Or so a previous so (in lower case!) told me just before being ditched for the Best Lady I am with now. Still have the cars - though the GT is a new aquirsition too!
    Last edited by GTJIM; 05-31-2004 at 01:43 AM.
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

BDD
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Opel faithful

Opel owners do seem unaccountably committed to their cars even when it would seem to make little sense. Many an Opel with terminal cancer (rust) has been steadfastly defended and cared for by it's grief stricken owner. Could this explain it?

Opeler
    Real Name
    Paul
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would tend to agree with BDD's observation, I think he hit it right on the head. My GT has been through hell and back, and being a northern car has had it's share of rust, now mostly repaired. I guess it does seem like a strange dedication, not to have given up and put the old girl out to pasture, especially with the rust issues and an electrical system that was completely whacked. From what I see in the posts it seems a lot of us just have a staunch belief that we can see the project through to success (and most of us do).

In GTJIM's case, clearly the better choice was to keep the Opels ! I would suspect the person you mentioned is running around with the guy in the Porsche with the gold chains, fake blond hair, and disco shirt.

It's true we all do strongly defend our Opels, no matter what condition they're in currently. For what it's worth, I've never actually slugged someone for referring to either my GT, or my wife, as "the old rust bucket" !!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I told the wife: I married you. When you get old-ER, I'll be older (like fine wine, but hopefully not like old cheese . You'll still look good to me. Pretty much how I feel about my Opels. Dosen't matter if I have to hospitilze them or not. They are still mine.

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe we Opel owners are so happy to find women that think our cars are "neat" and worth throwing money into, that we know the search is over... Our women are great (because they like our cars ) and can never be replaced (because we might have to sell the Opels ).
    Jeff
    Support the Coast Guard, get lost!

baz
    Real Name
    barry williams
    Downloads
    Uploads
    barf barf barf
    but i have to agree
    An Eagle may fly high but a Weasel doesnt get sucked into a jet engine.

Thread Information