Hello! Fairport, NY (Rochester)
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello! Fairport, NY (Rochester)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! Fairport, NY (Rochester)

Hello from Fairport NY. My father bought a '72 Opel GT new at Vincent Buick here in Fairport. A neighbor tells me that he once told him he enjoyed the GT and his ride into work everyday since it was his "get away" from me and my four siblings. I was born in 1973. My father died of a sudden massive heart attack in 1977 at the age of 38! My mother then traded the Opel GT into Vincent Buick for a brand new Buick Estate Wagon-also sold off the old Buicks we had at the time as well (Skylark convertable....)! Ever since I was old enough to know what a GT was, I've been interested in them. I know am trying to locate a clean (rust free) GT to drive to work and "get away" from things too! I'd really like to locate his old GT. I do have access to the VIN from some old service records (many headlight cables!). Anyone have a GT with history that might proove to be my dads old GT?

I know it was what my mom described as "butterscotch" in color. I want to think I remember a tan interior (?). I believe it was a 1972. I'll verify peoples info with a VIN.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

ny

hello,

i ve been to rodchester, i got alot of family there. they live in waterloo and rodchester and geneva. you mite know some of them. there last name is rice.
    aaron

Opeling since 1991!
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do believe that you would now make the closest Opel owner to me that is on this forum. Maybe we can meet up some time.
    Excelsior
    My Opel is your McLaren F1 street car!

Thread Information