New to forum - 1970 GT
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New to forum - 1970 GT

Downloads
    Uploads

TalkingNew to forum - 1970 GT

Hi! I am new to the forum. I may need a little help here and there with my parents' project car (I am on the internet more than they are so it is up to me.)

They have a 1970 GT my mom purchased new. It has been in storage for about 20 years. It has 40,000 original miles, and had one repaint and an interior change. They are decided to rebuild the motor (1.9l) instead of just getting it running.

Anyway! Thanks for all the info so far!
    -Wendy

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome aboard! This is the place to be, with over 4000 members, and easily the best source of information on the Opel GT and related models (the Kadett, Manta, and Ascona) in the world. OK, I might be a bit subjective ion that!

So, aside from teaching your parents about restoring their GT, you also need to get them "on-line". The biggest improvement in owning an Opel has been the advent of on-line sources for parts, information, and especially support. As in the encouragement type.

Have a look around. The site is organized by forum heading, and there has been some terrific discussion on engine re-building for the un-initiated. Especially the thread titled "Economical CIH Engine Rebuild", at https://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1560

Enjoy!
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT

Thread Information