Hello all
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello all

Downloads
    Uploads

SmileNewbie here....

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I recently came across this site while researching Opel GT's and Opel's in general. I found 2 GT's in local junkyard and I was curious about them. I think I'll seriously consider them when I'm able to buy a second vehicle for fun.

Here's a link to the 2 GT's I've found.

http://www.bobsdcg.com/IM002371.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads

GTs in junk yard

Plumer66
    Unless you're a REAL glutton for punishment, these two are only good for parts, and they look like they don't have much left. But, by the time you're ready to actually jump in with all 4 feet, there should be a few decent ones that can be had. Welcome to the Opel Community!!!
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. My "opinion":the white one has possibilities (sorry BQS4), forget the other one, it's a piece car.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had similar thoughts to Gene about the junkyard GT's. Buy a decent fixer-upper, and use those two as parts cars. Just knowing that they are there is useful for future needs; just don't let the junkyard crush them before they are totally salvaged. Welcome and good luck.
    Last edited by kwilford; 07-27-2004 at 03:57 PM.
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT

Downloads
    Uploads
    They have been there a few year's and I can only see a handful of part's that could be useful. I wasn't seriously considering trying to buy one and fix one up which would be way beyond my budget and time. Surprisingly the engine's for both are still there and intact. Not sure whether they would be worth salvaging. Anyway I just thought they were interesting enough to research a bit and find out more. If in the future I buy one it'll be in better shape than those two.

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A few years ago there was an ad in the Providence newspaper listing 2 GT's for $100 each. I went to look at them. They were buried in the woods behind a house in Warren, RI. One was so rusted, when I opened the door, the body settled and the door dropped 2 inches... I looked at both cars and could not find one part that was useable.

Thread Information