Wanna Know MORE
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wanna Know MORE

Downloads
    Uploads

Wanna Know MORE

Hi, my name is Skyler i have a friend that i go to school with you know him as Willy_g77 (or Billy) he owns a 1971 opel GT and he blows me away. He introduced me to the opel world. ever since i seen the gt or any other opel i loved them i reall want a 1970 or 1972 manta. When i go over to billys house to help him work on his car he starts talking bout stuff that i have never heard of. and i REALLY want to learn as much as i can about the gt or manta. and if any one knows where to find a manta for a resonable price within these years i would like to know plz.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opel fan
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Skyler

Hello there Skyler, WannaBOpelOwner, Wanna Know MORE, welcome! You sure came to the right place to talk and learn about Opels. Willy can help you learn a lot, seems he's working out pretty well with his GT. We have got thousands of pages of info and links on about just about everything you could possibly want to know.There's not many Opels out there, when you get an Opel, it puts you into a small group of people that are willing to make the extra effort to to be unique , yet practical, with what they choose to drive. Here, you'll find that you've got a lot of on-line support with any problems you'll have keeping her going down the road. It's cool that you want a Manta, Willy has the GT. Find someone to get a Kaddett and then you guys can represent the Opel line at school, and share common parts too, it could be pretty cool! Check out our Classifieds for a Manta, keep an eye on ebay, you'll find one when ready. Good Luck, Happy Hunting!
    Jim B.

Downloads
    Uploads

UnhappyIt just doesnt feel right

Thank you Jim. You have been a great help. I have another problem when i get on this site and i look at the forum and some of the post its like i feel i wont fit in because i dont have an opel i have a 1989 Cavalier tho lol. i just dont think ppl here will accept me as an opel fan because i dont have an opel.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

You Are Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBOpelOwner
    Thank you Jim. You have been a great help. I have another problem when i get on this site and i look at the forum and some of the post its like i feel i wont fit in because i dont have an opel i have a 1989 Cavalier tho lol. i just dont think ppl here will accept me as an opel fan because i dont have an opel.
    Any friend of Willy's is a friend of ours!

BTW: Your Cavalier probably has an Opel motor if it is a 2.0 litre engined model. Infact the whole car is based upon an Opel Ascona "C" model platform ....

So you have the starting indications of "Opelitis" anyway
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

Downloads
    Uploads

UnhappyLol

it has a 2.8. thanks guys but it still doesnt feel right i dunno y

Opel fan
    Downloads
    Uploads

dunno y

C'mon, donworry boutit, you'll feel much better after you get an Opel
    Jim B.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is Willy_g77's very own nice Opel Gt with he himself in his car with only one week to go to be legally able to drive (16). Key word legal....

A note. no one gave him that car he bought it himself and saved for 5 years for the thing. Picked his Opel at eleven and saved and saved and watched the boards till the right deal came along then he pounced.A very dedicated fellow and a great addition to opel world.. as of today his GT has a very squared away front swaybar.. jarred on wrenches
    Calvin on wall propping
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks calvin...

thanks for posting the picture. I'm gonna get the oil spacer thing fixed here soon, so i will really really try to make it to the Route 66 car show. calvin, your car looks great, the engine ...one word "WOW"!!!! it sounds great!!. The front sway bars works great.... and Jared and I went one a little ride, ok a real little ride.(few blocks) but power braking is fun!!!!! .. Jared that is one nice car you got!!!! All of the cars at the IN show were awesome . lezliewk(Paul) the interior is fantastic... same for the other two opels....I got plenty of pictures, just to bad they aren't digital... thanks for having us Paul and thanks for the parts guy's.

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBOpelOwner
    You are doing the smart thing. Get on the site and learn all can up front. If you can make a smart decision on your first purchase you will be WAY ahead of the game. I joined the classicopels site for a while before I bought my first GT, but I didn't learn enough. My first one ended up NOT being what I was looking for. Luckily I was able to sell it for about the same I had it in.
    So don't feel shy to ask questions and learn what you can. Searching on this site is very easy too.
    Don't be in too much of a hurry to buy one either. Wait for the right car to come along.
    Welcome and good luck.

Born to Drive
    73 GT
    Sport suspension, lowered 2", polyurethane bushings, Koni Reds, adjustable pan hard rod, 215/40/16 on 16x7.5" front and 245/35/16 on 16x9" rear ESM wheels, Ported intake, custom cold air intake, sprint exhaust manifold, 2" free flow exhaust, 4-core radiator, Getrag 5-speed, Momo steering wheel, Saks heavy duty clutch, Euro style driving lights, tinted windows, seats from Acura Integra, 3 point retractable seat belts from a '75 Manta, flush mount aircraft style gas cap

Real Name
    Jared
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no problem willy, i assume you checked out your swaybar by now, they're awesome. your car has the potential to easily be much nicer than mine, you got a real nice GT there, dont let that one go, you'll kick yourself in the ass if ya do, just dont find em that solid. i do advise against the powerbraking though, thats how i ate up my first set of tires, and they were nice 205's at that!!! but it is amazing to see a little 4 banger leave clouds of smoke like the "big boyz"
    previousely owned 8 GTs and 1 manta.

currently own

92 25th anniversary Z28. Ttop, leather, 370CI LSx T56 swap
    407 RWHP, 391 RWTQ, 11.74 @ 121

67 chevy sportvan deluxe....next in line.

73 chevy K-10- plow truck

71 GT, 1.9 4speed

2007 chevy silverado 1500, crewcab, loaded, Canadian limited edition GFX package Daily driver

Downloads
    Uploads
    soooo sir smurf....hah that's where the 205's REALLY went..... I should of
    > geussed it when you decided to play bumper tag at 110

Downloads
    Uploads
    Willy's brother here. Decided to drop in a post and give my thanks to Paul as well. Nice meeting all of the dedicated opelites. Don't mind the name. I didn't know what to choose since I really don't find opels that appealing (due to the fact my legs go to sleep after sitting in one for more than 5 minutes). I prefer of course the big power boats, or lead sleds if will. Hopefully next year when we go to Colfax,(and we will) willy can follow me in his GT. He will have to follow, my 455 rocket will smoke em'!

Ps. Spell checking detected opelites as misspelled....LMAO

Downloads
    Uploads

Great Time!

Glad you had a great time with the Opelholics! Try following Billy round some nice hilly, winding roads now he has the sway bar fitted!
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

Downloads
    Uploads

lmao

i like how me becoming an opelaholic turns into something i didnt even go to lol

Downloads
    Uploads

What you talking about shelton?

What??????

Downloads
    Uploads

Lmao

jesse,jesse,jesse i started this thread wanting to know more about opels and it turns into you guys talking bout the car show LMAO

Thread Information