Hi Y'all
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hi Y'all

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Y'all

Just registered, but have been lurking for a while.
    I am picking up two 72 GTs tomorrow. With at least one of them I will do the Turbo Coupe conversion (having watching Jon.haas' posts with great interest for a bit now). Undecided on the other one, maybe sell, maybe do something a bit more extravagent? Maybe (dare I say it) get to oem splendor?

I have recently complete a 240Z V8 6-speed conversion (LT1/T56), which I did EVERYTHING myself, from body to mechanical to electrical and interior and need some more challenges to keep me busy....some info here: http://tim240z.iwarp.com/index.html

Anyways, just wanted to give a shout out.....will be posting quite a bit, I'm sure. I am a member of HybridZ.org (same username), so I understand much of the protocol, and will endevour to get as much as I can from the search function.....

Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome!

Welcome to the OpelGt.com site Tim.

Lots of good info available here and some real fine people ( ALL of us )
    I have a 1972 GT too and am about halfway through a major "stock" rebuild with a few upgrades. People here are very helpful and also the "search" function at the top of the page can be clicked on and info obtained from over two years of archived posts by just typng in the item you need to know about.

Look forward to seeing you here in the near future!

Regards,
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

Code Goober
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That car is quite a piece of work (I mean that, of course, in a good way). Do you ever race it? Just wondering what the 1/4 times were.
    No, that's not a defect, that's a feature.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Howdy Tim!
    Welcome to the site and glad to have you.
    It's clear I'll be learning some things from you in the future. (Sigh. Another person here that knows infinitely more than me... )
    In the process of getting my '70 GT in running condition. One last visit to the machine shop and the crank will be back shortly so the little beast will be ready to go.
    Here's to 'hearing' more from you in the future

Downloads
    Uploads
    Geek...Thanks for the compliments!!
    I have not raced it as it is kinda a garage queen. Since I have shaved the door handles, I would have to run a window net. She is pretty lively, though. Can "smok'em" through 3rd gear

I spent 5 years on that Z, and am still breaking her in.

I picked up the 2 cars today and dropped them off at my buddy's bodyshop for temporary storage (Busy with an addition on the house and the contractors need the driveway for access), but I am planning some fun stuff for at least one, or maybe both of them......but I will not be getting myself into another huge bodywork project....spent 2 years on the Z......that's enough for a while.....I'm tired of sanding!!!

Thread Information