Hello from St. Louis
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello from St. Louis

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from St. Louis

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this site but have wanted an Opel GT for quite some time. I've been reading up about them online and trying to educate myself before taking the plunge and buying one. I have restored other cars over the years, so I'm no newbie with a wrench. I pretty much have decided I'd like a '72 or '73 with an automatic (so my wife can drive it too) and A/C. I'm guessing that my chances of finding one in nice shape with these options is slim, but I can hope can't I?
    If there are any GT owners in the STL area that would like to show me what riding or driving an GT is like or can point me towards a nice one for sale, that would be great.
    Thanks,
    Aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well wanting a '72-'73 GT with Auto and A/C wont be any easy task. One just sold last month in Houston, TX that was a '72 Auto with A/C. It went to Cali.
    They pop up every once in a while. The automatic isn't too hard to find, but A/C is pretty slim.
    There are some folks around St. Louis who will speak up soon I am sure. I am in TX, but I am originally from Rolla, MO, down the road from you.
    Welcome.
    Last edited by opelenvy; 08-31-2004 at 10:48 AM.

Born to Drive
    73 GT
    Sport suspension, lowered 2", polyurethane bushings, Koni Reds, adjustable pan hard rod, 215/40/16 on 16x7.5" front and 245/35/16 on 16x9" rear ESM wheels, Ported intake, custom cold air intake, sprint exhaust manifold, 2" free flow exhaust, 4-core radiator, Getrag 5-speed, Momo steering wheel, Saks heavy duty clutch, Euro style driving lights, tinted windows, seats from Acura Integra, 3 point retractable seat belts from a '75 Manta, flush mount aircraft style gas cap

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Aaron-

I'm in St. Louis, as is Calvin. I have two GTs and two Mantas. Calvins has a Manta.
    Although my GT is pretty ratty (look in my photo album), it is a runner.
    "No, it's not fiberglass."
    "No, the motor is not in the back."
    "No, your friend in high school did not 'peg' his speedometer."

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd also like one without any rust.

Yea, I know, I'll be waiting a long time....

Aaron

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool71 opel gt

im from the saint louis area...40 miles n/e..i just bought a 71 opel gt..needs a lot of work but didnt pay much for it...im not sure when i will be starting on it...but this site is a god send...cliff

Downloads
    Uploads
    don't forget Raven! I have seen his GT.. hey looks like we might have enought for a club. I know of one other manta and one other GT plus I have seen a blue kadet. Oh and there is a yellow manta that is a daily driver down farmington way and the gt with the 350 stuffed in it in Belleview.

The green pig just needs the new linkage parts installed since the last meltdown (iE I just need some time.. since I am now officially employeed again...and haven't been fired or laid off in the first week..yet anyway... still till the job is stable the car is kinda on hold..

yeah you GT types come get the nasty GT bits and pieces out of the garage so the Manta is not so crowded and has room to breath

all of you start by putting down the easter car show in forest park...

All of you say "I will come and I will bring my opel".

Thread Information