Greetings all
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Greetings all

Downloads
    Uploads

Greetings all

Hi everyone,

My name's Aaron and I come to you representing Wisconsin, for now. I recently purchased my first Opel from my father whose health is poor and he can no longer drive. It's a 1972 GT. I have done some work on the car when he owned it but he did a majority of the restoration. He originally raced Opels way back when but this one never made it to the track. He quit when he met my mother.

Anyway a bit about myself. I am 20 years old and have been attending college for an Electrical Engineering degree. I am currently waiting to go to air force basic training to, hopefully, get the chance to work on an aircraft as that is what my intended career will be. The car will go with me once I either finish basic or my tech training.

Well I hope I will be able to answer as many questions as I ask. I am fairly knowledgeable on the electronics side of Opels and not so much on the mechanical. The car is a blast to drive. A religious experence I always tell my friends. I still need to take some pictures to send out and will post whe nI get a chance.

Glad to be aboard,

Aaron
    Last edited by Future AIrman; 09-03-2004 at 01:21 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aaron, welcome to the site, and from an old USAF retiree, welcome to the world of USAF Blue. I hope you do get your choice of career fields, I spent 23 years as a 431X1C, (Jet Aircraft 1-2 Engines), the X designator, you will learn is the skill level you earn, along with advancing through the ranks. I started out as 3rd wiper on fighters and advanced through the following years, eventually retiring as a Master Sergeant, 43191, Aircraft Maintenance Superintendent. I will give you two things to remember about working on aircraft, never forget them. One, the aircraft will almost always take off, how it lands will be up to you, there are no curbs or taxi cabs at 30,00 plus feet. The combat aircraft of the USAF are designed to do one thing and one thing only. That is to kill people, and the aircraft doesn't care what uniform you wear. Be safety conscience at all times, even to the point of taking more time to get the job done.

Now to keep this on an Opel track, what you will learn will definately help in keeping your Opel in fine running condition, and some of the materials used on aircraft can be applied to the maintenance of the car. And the safety measures employed are useful too. Enjoy your rides, they are both a blast.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the tips namba. I'll defnitly keep those in mind! I'm trying to get 2A6X6 (AIRCRAFT ELECTRICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS) or 2A3X2 (F-16, F-117, CV-22 AVIONIC SYSTEMS.) Anyway thanks for the welcome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello and welcome from another retired air person (Ks. Air Ntl Guard). This is a fun and VERY informative site.
    Don't believe what you here about "The Guards" from the regular duty guys. There's a wealth of knowledge in the guards and the Pentagon uses it ALOT! Just my 2c's
    PS: Listen to what Ron says. That's the God's honest truth!

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good Luck

Aaron,

Congradulations on the Opel and the USAF enlistment. I just figured out that I retired from the Air Force as an Avionics Superintendant seven years before you were born so I would be just a little out of date at supplying much usefull information relative to avionics. Enjoy working and driving the Opel, the body style, at least the GT, just never seems to go out of style.

Bill

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Aaron, This is Samdog aka Gregg. I have been an Opel owner since 1979....the sounds like the beginning of an Opel's annonomist meeting....well anyhow, there is an amazing amount of knowledge on the web sight, just go under " search" and put in you request. Lots of good stuff. Welcome.

Thread Information