Corvettes are just big Opels (anyone in So Cal?)
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Corvettes are just big Opels (anyone in So Cal?)

Downloads
    Uploads

SmileCorvettes are just big Opels (anyone in So Cal?)

I bought my 73 GT in 1975. She's been in the sun too long and sitting for 10 years. Funny thing happened recently. I decided it just might be time to get that corvette (1972) I always wanted. I really like the 70-72 models. Guess what? I realized the reason for this is because they so resemble GTs.

First of all, it turns out I don't have enough money for the 'vette. And it has dawned on me that I should put what money I do have into making my baby well. So, I'm gonna start fixing her up. I have some money and not a lot of time. Is there anyone nearby who does honest and reasonable restoration? I did rebuild the engine before storage but I know the fuel lines (especially at the rear) are shot. Is this a common problem? The car is complete-just been sitting. I can do most mechanical stuff-just short of spare time.

I did visit the Opel Club (Long Beach at the Golf course?) a few years ago and was taken by the brotherhood that existed. Is this club still meeting? I hope someone out there can help or at least inspire me.

I love my car...

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mario, yes the OMC is still up and active, just had the annual picnic at Ventura, the last of August. There is a thread on this site on how to bring back an Opel after long term storage. You can access it by using the search button on the top of the page. Just type in a couple of words on what you're looking for and you'll get a lot of threads th help you out. Most things needed or listed only require a little bit of time for each item and even with minimal time, within a few days or at most a week your Opel will be up and running. HTH.

Thread Information