new from ontario
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: new from ontario

Downloads
    Uploads

new from ontario

hi everyone,
    i jsut joined yesterday and thought i'd introduce myself, my name is Brendan, i'm 16. i have 2 GTs that my uncle gave me because he didn't have time to work on them, a 69, which is stripped, accident in the back end, and a 72 which is complete with the engine and tranny taken out, also the floor under the gas tank is rusting, i need to know which would be less work, replacing the back end of the 69 and assembling all of it, or replacing part of the floor int he 72 , so if anyone has done something similar to this, any tips would be appriciated.
    thanks, brendan

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Opeler
    Real Name
    Andrew Leask
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ayr, my old stompping grounds, still get out there once in awhile, didn't know there was any Opels out that way though. I live up north now but you have come to the right place for the technical stuff. Gotta admit, sometimes it is over my head too, but my vote is to replace the floor and keep the other for parts, sounds easier in the long run to me, have fun with the new toys and once on the road you will be amazed at how you get stared at

Manta Maniac Site Supporter Rionart's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brendan,
    If you can post pics to the gallery, it will make assessing the cars a lot easier.
    There are a surprising amount of Opelers hidden around these parts....I just met a retired school teacher with a pair of GT's....no internet access and thinking he was all alone with his Opels....He came to visit for a couple of hours and I think his head was ready to explode with the amount of info I threw his way....
    Tell us a bit more about the specs of the GT's...

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    i'll try to get some pictures soon, probably within a couple weeks, whichever one i decide to finish is getting the freshly rebuilt 1.9L, hopefully with a little extra go if i get the time.... and money

Thread Information