Site Stalker
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Site Stalker

Downloads
    Uploads

Site Stalker

I have been reviewing the posts for over a year now, (Rally bob has both inspired and confused me) I have a friend that found a 69-70 (won't be sure untill Saturday!). I owned a 73 GT befoire I left for Germany (long story short ex-girlfriend in Ok. got the car I got a German wife believe it or not I got the better deal ). At any rate I have alot of experiance in keeping my Yamaha FZR1000 alive and heavily modified, a house, kids and new cars killed that hobby (and a couple criminal speed violations). So this Opel is intended to be a "long term" project, i.e. I want to do this right the first time.
    I am a Communications technician for 1 of the power companies in Arizona andfI primarily handle all "mobile" communications (voice and data) systems throughout the state. I have built and programmed 2 Megasquirt EFI conversions and I am strongly considering a custom EFI system. I hope to contribute at least as much as I learn, this will be my first caged rebuild so I hope to asking a ton of questions very soon. Anyway, I am also a member of the yahoo casting group, (I have done some Alum castings (1 350 intake design not pour) and hope this will help in the restoration). My philosophy for the rebuild is "if they had then what is available now, would they use it?).

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello there and welcome aboard, there have been FI systems put in a GT, usually from a later model Opel. The problem with those units (2 different ones) is the wiper well on the passenger side has to be cut for the unit to fit, and I believe the radiator support on the same side must be opened some for the FI inlet to go through. RallyBob is doing an FI turbo mod on a car and can give lots of expertise on what he is doing although it may not be feasible to do on a GT because of the small engine compartment of the GT. Ask any question and you'll more than likely get a ton of answers.

Thread Information