New from Texas
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New from Texas

Downloads
    Uploads

CoolNew from Texas

Hello everyone

I'm Craig Daniel from Odessa, Tx (yeah FNL and all that). My first Opel was a 71 GT purchased in 1979. Got engaged and married (yeah we took a honeymoon to Riudoso NM in December of 79, someday I'll write a story about driving up to Monjeau lookout with snow chains on the Opel) somehow the two seater wasn't going to work with kids so it was sold in 1982

But last year my loving wife saw a man putting an Opel GT for sale on a street corner, and knowing I was pining for another called me up

It turned out to be an orange 73 GT which was a two owner vehicle which had been in garage storage for 15 years, had 57k miles, and very little body rust (lots in the front end however). Needless to say I snapped it up in a heartbeat without haggling (probably paid about 1K too much). I have been dealing with leaky seals, rotten rubber, and a carb in need of rebuilding ever since. When I get to my other computer I'll post some pics.

I'm really glad to have found this site, I have always known Opel lovers are cool people, but a quick perusal of this site confirmed it.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a thread regarding wheel options for the GT, I really like the 15" custom mags at OpelGTsource but choked on the price , especially since I decided to replace my leaky solex with a weber during the same shopping spree.

Thanks

Craig
    Last edited by cdanmd; 10-08-2004 at 04:12 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Bob
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome fellow Texan. I would suggest you look at www.ronalusa.com (Ronal LS mesh design) if you like the look of The Source's wheels in a size 15.
    Bob

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Craig. The Texas Opel Club is very active in your state. Although their meetings could be a day or 2 away. I'm sure a couple will reply to your post.

Surf around through this site and check out the search feature. you may be able use it to get an instant answer to your questions from our 35,000 posts.
    Enjoy!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    George Rust
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Welcome Craig. The Texas Opel Club is very active in your state. Although their meetings could be a day or 2 away. I'm sure a couple will reply to your post.
    Well actually the meet is the 23 and 24 of Oct. in Meridian. (which according to mapquest, is only about 340 miles from you.) As far as the Texas meets have gone, that is probably about as close as it get's to you, sorry. We have met in Dallas, Austin, Houston, Waco, Meridian, Round Rock, where ever someone volunteers to host an event.
    Craig, check out http://www.texasopel.com and sign up. Not the most active site right now, but it gets you on the contact list for Texas events.
    Also if you could send me a private message with your address and phone number I will add you to the my contact list. I don't think the web site asks for all that info. I kind of handle that part of the Texas Opel Club.
    Congrats and welcome back to the disease we call Opels. And you thought you were cured. Ha.

Born to Drive
    73 GT
    Sport suspension, lowered 2", polyurethane bushings, Koni Reds, adjustable pan hard rod, 215/40/16 on 16x7.5" front and 245/35/16 on 16x9" rear ESM wheels, Ported intake, custom cold air intake, sprint exhaust manifold, 2" free flow exhaust, 4-core radiator, Getrag 5-speed, Momo steering wheel, Saks heavy duty clutch, Euro style driving lights, tinted windows, seats from Acura Integra, 3 point retractable seat belts from a '75 Manta, flush mount aircraft style gas cap

Senior Contributor Killer Texas GT's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs upWelcome from the Texas Group

Craig, Welcome to the addiction. Hope you can make plans to attend the Get Together in Meridian, it will be a Octoberfest, you will enjoy our group I am sure, and our host has about 9 or 10 grey market Opels and one of the best German food resturants around North Central Texas area.

Rodney Killingsworth president
    Opel Club of Texas

Thread Information