Bitten By The Opel Bug
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bitten By The Opel Bug

Downloads
    Uploads

Bitten By The Opel Bug

Hey everyone I'm Candace and I'd like to let you all know that I am very thankful for this site and I love all the endless info (even if I don't understand any of it yet )!

I'm a 16 year old girl from Oregon. I first saw an opel GT 4 years ago, sitting in the driveway 2 houses down from me. It's still there. I walk my dog by it everyday and I finally asked the guy who owns it what it was while he was out washing his truck. A few days later I asked him if he would part with it and he wants 1500$ for it... I don't think its a good deal as it's been sitting forever uncovered and it has lots of rust, mostly in usual areas by the tires. So I've been looking for a project opel that might be in a bit better shape.
    Well I have tons more to say but I guess I'll get it all out in due time Thank you all for being here.

-Candace

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Candance. Am I right in assuming that you want to do the work, as in project car? You may want to ask him to start that GT up for you. Rusty metal on the sides is alot easier to fix than a bad engine. If the interior is good, engine runs good and no major damage to the body, it may turn out to be a good car. Get someone to look at it with you who has experience as a mechanic.
    Just my 2c's

Downloads
    Uploads

gt's are nice first cars!!!

welcome the the board.I'm 16 also and a 1971 opel gt is my first car, and I love it. yes it is a project car, but its getting done... they are very fun to drive. so try to find one where you know you can fix it up.. Hope you get one, you won't be disappointed......
    {)BILLY(} & The 71' GT
    73 manta luxus
    real cars don't power the front wheels...... they lift 'em

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Candace & welcome! Site's great, isn't it? Hope you find that GT of your dreams and enjoy the getting to know it and the fun of having it.
    I'm with Old Hippie, too, as far as checking the engine. My GT wasn't supposed to be a project except in small ways and improvements over time but it has turned out to be a major project. The PO fouled up and the crank got ground by metal or other trash... basically it's a fix-fest and can't be driven. Real disappointment that I hope you never experience.
    Best of luck and hope to hear from you more!

Downloads
    Uploads

U Might be interested?

Candace,

I too am new to Opelgt.com and love the information to be found here. I am by no means an Opel guru like many of the residents here but I am decent when it comes to spotting a good deal on a used Opel.

For example... my wife and I recently bought another Opel GT from a young man who took it all apart (aka basket case) and did not finish the job. The good news is the engine, he didn't get to the engine because he says that it "ran great". Now it has been sitting (garaged) for a couple years. but it is rust free and a super place to start as a project car. If you are interested we might be willing to sell it since you live so close. We are just outside Vancouver WA.

If you think you might be interested feel free to call my wife at our home (360)837-3064 she is there almost all the time and you could arrange a meeting with us and your Mom/Dad.

Best regards,
    DirtTrackManta

Thread Information