New from Alabama
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New from Alabama

Lurker of the Opel Forums jmowens's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

New from Alabama

I must say I was really happy to find this website. My dad had a green '70 GT 1.1 when I was a kid. When I was about 13, the motor caught fire - somehow related to the carburetor. Anyway, that GT sat at the house for about a year until he finally got rid of it. When I was almost 15, my dad bought a '73 orange GT with a 1.9. I spent endless hours driving this car around our yard before I got my license.
    The '73 was my first vehicle, and I loved it! The car had many problems (it had been totalled and rebuilt), and I didn't keep it long, but I have many fond memories.
    I was surfing the net when I came across this site. I was feeling nostalgic looking at all these pictures of GT's, but when I saw a very good picture taken from the driver's seat, looking at that beautiful wooden steering wheel and the dash, that was it. I have got the bug bad! I am currently completely broke, but I have decided that within a year, I will own another GT (my wife is not happy at all that I found this website).
    I am really enjoying reading all the posts and looking at the pictures until I can have my own GT again!!
    Michael Owens
    "I wish I'd never sold my '73 GT"

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome. Just tell your wife how "fine" she'll look riding in the front seat!

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell her that riding in a GT won't make her look fat.
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh-Oh! The Opel bug has bitten again... beware that untreated bites often result in Opelitis... or swelling of the Opels.
    Keep it Blitzed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, hey Michael! Welcome to the group of people who have the phenomenal good taste to be obsessed with Opels. This is a great place to keep your eyes peeled for an Opel for sale. Here's hoping you find one soon.
    (If you let your wife drive it occasionally she might change her mind. I always have guys stopping me or coming by to talk about the car. It's very nice. )
    Big astronomy/space buffs here - envy you living in Huntsville. Eclipse Wednesday ought to be great.

Thread Information