Greetings from Atlanta
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Greetings from Atlanta

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Greetings from Atlanta

Hello there, I just purchased a 1971 GT and will finally get to see it this Friday after Thanksgiving. Initial reports from the shop I had it shipped to are very promising, with the engine being in very good shape (1.9L). This is good since I plan on repainting/customizing the car and if I do not have to worry about the engine right now that is an expense I can put off for a little bit.

I saw earlier in the week that there are a couple of Atlanta Opel GT owners here in Atlanta, but lost the thread. Anyone out there who can put me back in touch with them? I would love to talk to someone locally that I can commiserate with on the Opel community and stuff to do to one's GT and such.

At any rate, I am proud to be a member of a cool as hell club for interesting and rare cars. I am sure it is going to be a lifelong rewarding experience that I have longed to have and cannot wait to get a cruisin'

Paul Rusek
    Atlanta, Ga

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Paul. You can start here: https://www.opelgt.com/forums/showthr...hlight=atlanta

Also try a site search using Atlanta and see where it takes you. there is a growing Opel community in "Jawja"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Paul,

Were in Atlanta are you located? There is a bunch of us around here. I live in Acworth, Gean lives over near in Stone Mt., Sharon live in Woodstock. Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head, there are about 10 other folks that live in or around Atlanta (less than an 1 hr from downtown Atlanta - non rush hr travel time).

I have to say we in the south have a slight advantage over those up North, (no salt, and we can drive our cars all year!!).

It was suggested that we get together in December some time however it looks like most of the folks are booked up, so I would suggest January some time. If you live close to Acworth give me a call, I am in the process of restoring a 1973 GT. I have some extra parts if you need some.

Cell is 404-626-8645.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey fellas, I'm stationed @ Moody AFB (In Valdosta). If yall get together, let me know, I'd like to come and see your cars. I'm working on my third GT. I am keeping this one! In the middle of "what do I do for a motor right now", and a complete resto-mod. Anyone got any leads on a running motor W flat tops?

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Paul;
    I'm out in Snellville, just past Stone Mountain. My GT is about to go "under re-construction", but, I do drive a 74 Sportwagon. It seems the inital plans for Dec 11th have fallen through, so we'll try another date.
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Downloads
    Uploads

Atlanta

Hi all,
    Well, I made an offer that was accepted on a house in Roswell, so if all goes well, I should be hanging my hat there after Dec.15 and the GT to come from CA shortly thereafter. Oh yeah, The girlfriend and the cat also.
    Since I'll now have a garage, maybe, just maybe I can get the poor old thing looking better than it ever has!
    Brian
    BD

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Paulie again

Hey there, just got back into my office this week after the holiday. Got to see my new (sort of) car and I am very pleased. I am planning my customization strategy and hope all goes as planned.

For those out there, I live right at Spaghetti Junction, in a neighborhood right behind where some of you might see the huge American flag flying once and awhile. I would love to meet up with some other Opel enthusiasts....the only thing is that I cannot do it before the first of the year. I am surprising my wife with my purchase over Christmas assuming the new engine and tranny work is all done.

If there is a meeting taking place on the 11th as I have seen being tossed around, I will try to make that sans wife. I can always say I am out shopping for more Christmas presents for her!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Allright Paul! Glad to hear the GT arrived and you're happy with it.
    I'm in Georgia north of Atlanta by about 45 minutes and have a '70 GT. Trying to get it running, too. Hopefully that will be very shortly. (Pray for me.) We are all trying to get together but like so many folk have said it will probably be after the new year. Not a bad idea as we'll avoid all that holiday crush. I'm thinking it might be best to start a new thread after Jan 1st so that we won't miss anybody trying to find the old posts or not recognizing the title.
    Looking forward to meeting everybody and hope we can find a date where everyone can attend,
    Ging

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Paul;
    I used to live near where you're at You're over there in the Doraville area (sounds like a good title for a song....nahhhhhh ) I'm out near the "big rock", Stone Mountain for you newbies, in Snellville. I'm home on the weekends mostly, so buzz on out and we'll swap Opel stories. Looks like we're getting a crowd here now Ging!
    Gene
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Downloads
    Uploads

Atlanta Res

I live in Winston, GA, which is about 30 min west on I20.
    I am the proud new owner of a 1970 Opel Gt I got from Keith (A.K.A. "opelspyder"). It is the best looking GT I have ever seen and I had to have it.
    I was also wanting to get together with some fellow Opelers around here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As Col. Potter said in one of the M*A*S*H episodes, "This is getting to be quite a party".
    Looking forward to hopefully meeting you all sometime after the beginning of the New Year. Just don't laugh when you actually get to see my GT in person. I'm a fairly good mechanic, but not an artistic bone in my body, so bodywork is not my strong suit. Hopefully at the new house with a garage, I'll be able to learn. Then off to my buddies place in Raleigh for one of his pro paint jobs and I'll be a little less embarrassed about it.
    Brian
    BD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi guys, Sharon in Kennesaw here. We just sold our first GT but have a few left. Would love to meet some more of y'all, specially the newbies that know less than we do! Will watch this space for a get-together, or Gene you can always give me a buzz.

Sharon & Oliver

Thread Information