greetings from holland :)
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: greetings from holland :)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    19
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Talkinggreetings from holland :)

    Hello i'm Eddie from holland... north part! Fryslan

    I own a VW golf mk2 now... gti 1.8 16v... but i want to get rid of it and buy an opel gt... my dad owned one a couple of years ago... it ruled! but i'm now 20 years old so i'm gonna buy me one that i need to fix... i think it take me a couple of months to buy one because i need to sell my golf and save some money... was thinking about 3000 euro's for 1 that needs some fixing for the body, maybe engine... later on i want a 2.0 16v or a 2.4 in int... i read some interesting ideas on the forum so you'll be hearing from me!

    greetz!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Site Founder Gary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Swansea, MA
    Posts
    9,832
    Real Name
    Gary
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    2
    Welcome Eddie! Best of luck with your search. You will love driving the GT!

  4. #3
    Cunning Linguist Site Supporter tekenaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Plano, TX 75074-3440
    Posts
    5,283
    Real Name
    Otto
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Thumbs upWelkom Frieslander!

    Quote Originally Posted by Edjuh
    Hello i'm Eddie from holland... north part! Fryslan

    I own a VW golf mk2 now... gti 1.8 16v... but i want to get rid of it and buy an opel gt... my dad owned one a couple of years ago... it ruled! but i'm now 20 years old so i'm gonna buy me one that i need to fix... i think it take me a couple of months to buy one because i need to sell my golf and save some money... was thinking about 3000 euro's for 1 that needs some fixing for the body, maybe engine... later on i want a 2.0 16v or a 2.4 in int... i read some interesting ideas on the forum so you'll be hearing from me!

    greetz!
    Welcome to the group. You're joining a great, if somewhat obsessive, group.

    Mijn grootvader was Fries, Riekle Rintsje de Haan, maar woonde in Voorburg.
    My grandfather was Friesian, Riekle Rintsje de Haan, but lived in Voorburg (close to The Hague) where I grew up.


    1960: '61 Rekord PII 1.7 3S 3.9 '69 Kadett LS 'sprint' 1.9 3A 3.18
    1970: '70 GT 1.9 4S 3.44 '72 GT 2.2SSD 5S 3.44 '72 GT 2.4FI 5S 3.44P
    1970: '73 GT 1.9FI 4S 3.44 '75 1900 1.9FI 4S 3.44
    1980: '85 Bitter SC 3.9FI 5S 3.44P
    2000: '09 Solstice GXP Coupe 2.0 SIDI VVT "Stage 2" Turbo 5S 3.73P


    "De inimico non tantum loquaris male, sed cogites."

  5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    583
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Friesiens have hard heads.

    Hey Otto!,

    Did you ever get a right hand mirror for your Ascona? Would you like Santa to bring you one for Christmas. ;-) That could be arranged. Santa may be in your neighborhood on Saturday.

    Nice photo BTW!

    Happy Holidays!

    Dave

  7. #5
    Cunning Linguist Site Supporter tekenaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Plano, TX 75074-3440
    Posts
    5,283
    Real Name
    Otto
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    UnhappyRE: right hand mirror . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by David McCollam
    Hey Otto!,

    Did you ever get a right hand mirror for your Ascona? Would you like Santa to bring you one for Christmas. ;-) That could be arranged. Santa may be in your neighborhood on Saturday.

    Nice photo BTW!

    Happy Holidays!

    Dave
    That would be a NO and THANKS for the offer! The pair I bid on on German e-Bay turned out to be 2 left hand mirrors! Talk about pissed! Should have asked him for mirror P/Ns I guess.

    BTW, how do you know about Friesians being stubborn?


    1960: '61 Rekord PII 1.7 3S 3.9 '69 Kadett LS 'sprint' 1.9 3A 3.18
    1970: '70 GT 1.9 4S 3.44 '72 GT 2.2SSD 5S 3.44 '72 GT 2.4FI 5S 3.44P
    1970: '73 GT 1.9FI 4S 3.44 '75 1900 1.9FI 4S 3.44
    1980: '85 Bitter SC 3.9FI 5S 3.44P
    2000: '09 Solstice GXP Coupe 2.0 SIDI VVT "Stage 2" Turbo 5S 3.73P


    "De inimico non tantum loquaris male, sed cogites."

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    583
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Stubborn Friesians

    Hey Otto,

    Former girlfriend is Dutch from Friesland. Den Helder to be exact. Wonderful woman by the way, but she won't leave Holland. Wish that weren't the case, but anyway, on to the mirrors. I have a right hand match to the left "flag" style. If you want one I can supply that.

    Let me know and I'll try to get it over to that way on my next trip to Greenville to see my Dad.

    Take it easy.

    Dave

  9. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    19
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    thnx :)

    thnx guys... i told my dad about my plans... because i'm still living with them . i want my gt, and paint it all over again... in black... but in the proces of fixing the body i want to remove the doorhandles and put in electric windows so i can open the door by lowering the window and open it from the inside... but my dad wants me to get one that has good paint... because he said that if i had to take the hole engine and wiring out it realy takes a long time... i said it didn't really bothered me that its gonna take a while... but if its painted and all... you could install the extra wiring like electric windows, alarm much more easier... because its totally emty... right? common agree with me

  10. #8
    Opeler OpelGT-de's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    330
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    yes, scarb or sell your Volkswagen...BUY Opel !!!

  11. #9
    baz
    baz is offline
    boomerang opeler baz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    sunderland england
    Posts
    5,614
    Real Name
    barry williams
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Edjuh
    thnx guys... i told my dad about my plans... because i'm still living with them . i want my gt, and paint it all over again... in black... but in the proces of fixing the body i want to remove the doorhandles and put in electric windows so i can open the door by lowering the window and open it from the inside...
    edjuh hate to put a bummer on your plans but i would check the dutch law for car doors
    i think you will find that the kill joys in brussels made it law that you must be able to open the door from the outside in case of an accident
    you can go the fiat panda way and put the lever behind the door edge with a reccess to work it with your finger
    that will still give you a shaved look
    An Eagle may fly high but a Weasel doesnt get sucked into a jet engine.

  12. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    19
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    hmm

    would the police really bother to give me a ticket for that then they really would have nothing better to do :P... my dad talked me into buying a car that drives... so i can get used to it... for say 3000 euro.. then i'm gonna buy stuff that has to be painted to... like spoiler... the big hood (i like it) sideskirts... and front spoiler... then the windows and alarm than i'm gonna save money for the paint job and welding... then its next year it think... but hey.. i always say... the best things come slow

  13. #11
    Cunning Linguist Site Supporter tekenaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Plano, TX 75074-3440
    Posts
    5,283
    Real Name
    Otto
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Friesians

    Quote Originally Posted by David McCollam
    Hey Otto,

    Former girlfriend is Dutch from Friesland. Den Helder to be exact. Wonderful woman by the way, but she won't leave Holland. Wish that weren't the case, but anyway, on to the mirrors. I have a right hand match to the left "flag" style. If you want one I can supply that.

    Let me know and I'll try to get it over to that way on my next trip to Greenville to see my Dad.

    Take it easy.

    Dave
    If she lives in Den Helder now, she must have moved to the province of North Holland . . . it's about as far north as you can go in that province, on the mainland anyway . . . they have a couple of islands north of there that "belong" to the North Holland province, Texel and Vlieland, if memory serves. Hmmm, brings back some pleasant memories of my 4th grade geography classes in Voorburg.


    1960: '61 Rekord PII 1.7 3S 3.9 '69 Kadett LS 'sprint' 1.9 3A 3.18
    1970: '70 GT 1.9 4S 3.44 '72 GT 2.2SSD 5S 3.44 '72 GT 2.4FI 5S 3.44P
    1970: '73 GT 1.9FI 4S 3.44 '75 1900 1.9FI 4S 3.44
    1980: '85 Bitter SC 3.9FI 5S 3.44P
    2000: '09 Solstice GXP Coupe 2.0 SIDI VVT "Stage 2" Turbo 5S 3.73P


    "De inimico non tantum loquaris male, sed cogites."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Hello from Holland
      By Astragsi in forum Introductions
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 07-29-2004, 06:20 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •