New banana in the bunch
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New banana in the bunch

Downloads
    Uploads

TalkingNew banana in the bunch

Hi everyone! I am crazy about this site! Lookin' for a "third time is the
    charm" OPEL GT, as I've had 2 previous and due to circumstances beyond
    my control, they slipped out of my hands.
    Victoria

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome Victoria! Hope you find an Opel soon - had to wait a long time for my second GT but it was worth it.
    The site is great, isn't it? Look forward to seeing more of you here and glad you joined in the general Opel craziness.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only cure for opelitis is more opels!

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Banana,
    Hope you find a yellow Opel that's "a peeling" and you don't just take it out on "Sundaes"! I'd go ape if I didn't have at least 2 to monkey around with. Gordy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gordy, just a note to let you know, I Found a beautiful little BANANA YELLOW CAR,
    and it was just what the doc ordered- 4 cyl., 4 on the floor it was even at a
    decent price!!!! It just had one small flaw that I cant live with. It was an
    Austin Healey Sprite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He tried to talk me into it but alas, the OPEL GT
    venom is now reaching the bone marrow. Oh well, maybe it's contagious and he will
    see the error of his ways. This is Victoria (the new banana) signing off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Banana, Just be patient and wait for the right car. I was real disappointed when an Opel GT I was bidding on on E Bay got away from me but 2 days later a GT appeared with a buy it now price a thousand less than the one I missed out on. Plus this one turned out to be a California car that is super solid...no rust at all! I am in the process of redoing a few things on it, but now have 2 real nice GT's, both 1970's..1 4 speed and 1 auto. Good luck in your search! Gordy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ut Oh Gordy, When was the e-bay loss. I just got mine off e-bay. Drove 1200 miles to pick it up and was very happy. I'm sure my daughter will be happier though (it's a b-day present). 1970 GT 1.9 auto. If indeed this is the same one I'm really sorry but I had to get one that was an automatic.

regards,

Trapper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Trapper, This went back to last July. The car was in Colorado (a white one with some funky purple sprayed along the rockers and wheel arches). I don't think it had been driven in several years, and the shipping was going to be a $1000 to get it to Illinois. Well the bidding went from the $1000 or so that I was willing to pay, to about $3,500! I ended up buying a blue one from Topeka Kansas a few days later and am real happy with it. Just a tip if you need to have a car trailered, don't use an online "broker" to find a carrier. They add about $200 to what the transport company itself would charge you! Gordy

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the advice. I was actually thinking of doing that versus trailering it myself. I saw some decent scenery on the trip so I'm glad I did it. I'm really glad the GT wasn't the same one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gordy, I know that GT! It was at a Kowl-a-jockey dealer. Some kid traded it off for a ricer. The dealer was asking $3K for it and I told him he was a bit high on the price. Was in fairly good shape, though. Can I ask what the final was on it? Just curious.
    Barry

OPPS! Sorry, Victoria! Welcome to the contagious Opel ward!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Old Hippie,
    thanx for the invite to the Opel ward! Just when I thought it wasnt contagious,
    I saw my husband looking for Opels on Ebay!
    Victoria

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Ging, thanx for the Southern Hospitality welcome! Yes, You may have an Opel,
    but it looks like my luck may soon change! Ifound one in an ad in a Truck Roundup
    mag, (feb. issue) I'm a gonna call & get some info !!!!!!!!!!
    this is Victoria (the new banana) signing off.

Thread Information