Alooooooha!
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Alooooooha!

Downloads
    Uploads

Alooooooha!

Aloha from beautiful Hawaii. Made even more beautiful by my recent (4 days) purchase of a gorgeous '72 Opel GT. I've dreamed of owning a GT for over 20 years...dating back to the days when I owned a '74 Manta. Anyone know of other Opel owners here in the Islands? And for those Opelites visiting paradise, please drop me an email.... Looking forward to learning, asking questions, and networking. In the pics, she has CA plates on her. I'm waiting for my custom HI plates -- 1974 GT. I have some history on her and would like to have full history. She'll be sharing a garage with our '74 MG and '83 Alfa Spider.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

South Pacific

G'Day and welcome to the Opel Community.
    I have a 1972 GT too and live on islands in the South Pacific - New Zealand.
    Yours looks great and I know how happy you are after waiting 20 years for one to find its way inot your driveway! I waited over 30 years and am now well infected with Opelitis.
    Wonderful folks on this site who will flock to Hawaii to visit you to escape the snow on Mainland USA if you keep issuing invitations.
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

Solo II is fun in a GT! okieopel's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dan
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aloha Netandtim- can I sleep on your floor? Welcome to the site. You now have a lot more friends, but I asked first. The Opel looks super, the alpha too.
    Cheers, Dan
    Dan
    'okieopel'
    Oklahoma Opel Preservation Society
    O.O.P.S.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aloha from Mike.
    Great to see a fellow Opeler who is living in the land of eternal vacation. Get good with your Japaneese as it is becoming the predominant language in Honolulu. Would love to come back there for a vist and the wife is trying to talk me into a travel assignment there. Used to live there in the military.
    But your GT looks great. Lots of nice roads to drive on if you don't want the top down in your alpha. Tough compitition in Hawaii.
    Have fun and keep us updated with stories.
    Mike
    70 GT
    73 GT
    72 Manta Rallye

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by netandtim
    And for those Opelites visiting paradise, please drop me an email.... Looking forward to learning, asking questions, and networking. .
    Consider this the email- I would love to stop by and talk Opels with you but it might mean several days of intense examination of the car and then a few more days of formulating the proper questions to ask you. How is your sofa and how well stocked is thr fridge?

Texas Opel Preservation Society

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice

Hey, Netandtim, can you post some pics of the alfa and the mg? I own a GT, my dad owns a '69 mg, and we are italian (he has owned many alfas and fiats) - so as far as i am conderned , you'v got a pretty nice garage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, let's see, we've got a trip in the works to Hawaii, around August. Margaret's son and daughter-in-law are gonna redo their wedding vows there. Planning on renting a big house, for us, the kids, parents on both sides. Hope this doesn't interfere with OMC, that would be a major drag. As the plans get more definitive, I may drop you a PM for a phone # and get a glimpse of your GT.

Downloads
    Uploads

Aloha and Mahalo for the invite

I spent a few years there on Oahu myself , you will find the great roads to drive if you just spend a day with a map and a full tank. You can get around the whole island in much less than a day. I had a streetbike when I was there and really enjoyed it. Sounds like you have got an excellent garage to enjoy your new home. I do still visit from time to time and I will definitely drop you a line the next time I am heading that way Happy Opeling
    '73 GT w/ 2.4l, 5-speed

Downloads
    Uploads

More Intro Info

Thanks to all who've accepted me into the Opel fold. Looking forward to meeting some as you visit the islands. Fridge is not usually stocked...who wants to stay home when you can be out driving such cool cars!! I do have some background on my '72. She's originally a California car. The guy we bought it from flew to CA, bought it, and shipped it here. It was to be a gift for his son. Apparently, the son didn't care for it and never even drove it, said it looked like some kind of kiddie car. Dad loved the car and was crushed when the kid didn't like it. So, it's been garaged for nearly two years, only driven by Dad around the neighborhood to keep the fluids moving, etc. It was never registered or tagged in HI until we bought it. We've been told that it used to be owned by an OEC board of directors member. I would love to be able to trace lineage. It's got 69K miles on it and looks like it has been repainted to match original color. In addition to the 3 sports cars, we also have Honda FZR 600 (hubby's) and a 94 Ranger (mine).
    As requested, I've posted a pic of the MG and the Alfa (it's an 86, not 83 like I thought). Running out of parking space....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information