Long history of opeling
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Long history of opeling

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

Long history of opeling

Hi Guys..Old opeler would fit me but I can still get in and out of my gt and as long as I can I'll still drive it. I bought my first Opel in 1974, was a new Opel Manta Luxus, what a nice car..I still kick myself for tradeing it in on a 76 Crysler Cordova but my wife couldn't drive a 4-speed, it wasn't long I had another Opel was a 1975 Sport Wagon, auto with f/I, another nice car, then I bought a 1973 Opel 1900, wasn't so nice and leaked oil really bad, i think there is still oil stains on my drive way from that one. Then one of my daughters got old enough to drive and I bought a 73 Opel wagon, which needed a engine..I went to a local salvage and bought a engine from a salvage car..the guy there clipped a battery across the terminals, put a little gas in the carb and it run like a new engine..I installed it in the little wagon and it run really great for years. I got the 75 Wagon back from my son but it was behond bringing it back to life..I've still got some of the parts laying around. Then in 1982 I was out at the local inport salvage scrounging for Opel parts and there was this pathetic 70 GT really looked bad, rust here and there, engine pretty much gone, interior ratted out, etc, etc. I bought it, got a two wheel dolly and took it straight to a car wash and spent $5 bucks washing it from top to bottom, (25 cents for 3 min). I've still got that little red (was rally orange) some twenty plus years and a whle lot of money and time spent but it's a real eye catcher, american racing mags, all new interior, completely overhauled 1.9 engine...030 over pistons (9.0:1), nwe or rebuilt everything under the hood..really love my little red car and sooooo many others like it as well..so long..I really enjoy the form, and look forward to many interesting conversations fo mutual interest. David Fish okc

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

Welcome!

You have joined the right team! Opels for always. Lots of amazing people onthis sight - worldwide too.
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

Thread Information