Hello
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

Hi everyone i just purchased my first Opel ever and i'm lost as to where to find parts Good to see active people discussing these cars. I have a 1972 Opel Gt its a nice solid car aside the battery tray and a few other minor areas. I'm the 3rd owner, she's got 87k original miles but has suffered a little to the weather. The original 1.9 is in place with the webber carb. Any help would be great ty in advance,

Josh

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Josh, one of the premier parts suppliers for Opels is located here in CA, their website, with an on-line catalog is: www.opelgtsource.com Welcome to the wonderful world of Opels. I've got a 72 GT also, coming out of the paint shop tomorow, then it gets a 3.4L V-6 with a T-5 tranny. Going together after 4 years of work. Any questions you may have about your car has probably already been asked by someone, do a search on this site using the search button with words or phrases and all the posts and threads with that phrase or word will come up for you to check. Have fun, if you still have a question, by all means go ahead and ask. And welcome again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to the site josh. Ron was right on about the search. It is very helpful. looks like you already got your self a weber. A must for reliablity and power. If you have any other questions I will do my best to answer them
    73 Gt, 2.0, 290H cam, S-10 clutch and fitted flywheel, weber, sprint to a 2"

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

tomking
    Downloads
    Uploads
    JC you have at least one opelphile in Knoxville. someone here can answer to Johns last name as I cant recall it at the moment. but John in Knoxville built a GT with a ford motor in it but has dropped off this list the last several months and I dont know of his current situation. but he can help you if you can find him.
    TMK

Thread Information