Alaska Opelin-Yeah i'm still pretty green
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Alaska Opelin-Yeah i'm still pretty green

Downloads
    Uploads

Alaska Opelin-Yeah i'm still pretty green

My names Chad and I'm born and raised in Alaska and for the past 5 years we've had a '69 GT. So we rebuilt it 3 years ago and well to make a long story short a pinion bearing went out and its sat for about two years. That happened after 5 miles of highway driving. Lame, i still haven't driven the car after all the work of rebuilding it. So i'm back into it again as i'm back in AK for the summer. Parts are pretty tough to find around here as there aren't many Opels in the state what so ever. Just today i got a few leads i'm going to look into but other than that I'm the only one around my parts with one.
    If there are anymore Alaska Opeler's or anyone looking to get rid of that mini-vette sitting in their backyard hit me up. Good to see this forum doing so well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's see I'm still crow clan tlinkit by marriage, Juneau Douglas graduate and certified to dive in Alaska. There was another guy that worked for Alyeska with an ignition problem. I sent him the switch he needed and never heard another word. Um, when I left Juneau, anchorage, Sitka, kenia, and fairbanks there weren't any around. I got the last 3 in Juneau and scoured the state for parts. Honest, they weren't importing small sports cars to Alaska in the 70s. For parts you have to go to the lower 48. I'd be happy to help you.

Last edited by nobody; 05-30-2005 at 07:03 AM.

Thread Information