Hello from Finland!
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello from Finland!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from Finland!

My name is Ville and I live in finland. I recently bought manta 1,9 SR ´71 which i believe is the same car as your rallye. It has 1,9 litre engine with electronic fuel injection (modified afterwards from manta GSi ´88) and the cylinder head has chevrolet valves, and hydraulic lifters from newer CIH engine. My cars body is good, no rust, which is amazing here in finland, because they spread salt on the roads to prevent them to ice! Idiots, everybody who works with cars hate it. my car has been off road 6 years, and it has few technical problems, but luckily in finlan there are many cars left, and other opel models to cope. here are some pictures of my car: http://fotokellari.fujikuvat.fi/albu....php?id=133347 the first pictures are taken "as found". Sorry my bad english, one of my reasons to join in this site was to keep up my english skills! And of course to see beautiful opels!! The GT is very rare here, only 30 examples were imported when new, many times more are shipped from US, so maybe 100 GT´s are found here today. it is a beautiful car, and I hope to own one someday. But first i´m going to restore my manta in good working order!
  2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Allan Wheeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome to opelgt.com. Looks like you got yourself a nice find.
    73 Gt (RIP), 4 speed, 2.0L, 290H cam, weber, S-10 clutch w/ matched flywheel, sprint to a 2" pipe, Aluminum finned oil pan. SOLD!
    70 Kadett Wagon 14k, 1.9L, Auto, weber

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Ville! Welcome from a Canadian-Finn.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for warm welcome! Its nice to hear from other "finns" from abroad! Yes, the car is in good shape, and i´m planning to keep the body original, but the gearbox is going to change to 5-speed getrac and propshaft i just bought...
    Real Name
    Allan Wheeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    5-speed is also a nice upgrade for our opels. Anything you have questions on can usually be answered in the search. Also the chat is a nice feature too.
    73 Gt (RIP), 4 speed, 2.0L, 290H cam, weber, S-10 clutch w/ matched flywheel, sprint to a 2" pipe, Aluminum finned oil pan. SOLD!
    70 Kadett Wagon 14k, 1.9L, Auto, weber

Downloads
    Uploads
    What a beautiful car! The color, SR trim, wheels, and nice thin bumpers really look sharp. Enjoy your Manta - they're great cars and certainly turn heads. Congratulations on your Manta!
    -Jeff W.
    '75 Manta FI
    '73 Manta

Thread Information