New Opel Fan from Guelph
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New Opel Fan from Guelph

Downloads
    Uploads

New Opel Fan from Guelph

Hi Everyone!

New enthusiast here from Guelph, Ontario, Canada. At this point i'm a non owner but am looking to change that this year. This is the first community I have joined and am still stumbling my way through it. Looks like a great site and am sure it will be of great help to me. I am interested mostly in a GT that is in good shape and that I can rebuild/hot up with my kids as an ongoing project. I will be looking for any advice on purchasing/pricing/partssourcing and available upgrades. My ultimate goal would be to build a pseudo road rally GT or Manta and enter the Targa Newfoundland with my partner. We all have dreams!! Great to be part of the fold
    Cheers!
    and looking forward to any and all help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    another one close to home welcome to the forums

you should send HOT ROD a PM, hes less than half an hour away from you and a few months ago he mentioned that he was thinking about selling his GT that he is in the middle of a restoration on. i've seen the car in person and it looks like a solid start. you could also post an ad in the ad section here and i'm sure you'll get some offers. anyway, good luck with the GT hunting

Manta Maniac Site Supporter Rionart's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully another attendee for the BBQ this weekend.....
    I'll be sending out directions tomorrow....

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I may tap into your knowledge, I took your advice and PM'd hot rod (I think...lol), since you have seen it, how far along is he on the resto?

Downloads
    Uploads
    hes welded in new floors and as far as i can tell he has patched the small amount of body rust there was, and hes welded patches over the corner lights for a custom look, he said all the engine needs would be the carb cleaned, which is also a weber replacement, so as far as i know, it would need some minor bondo work, paint, carb cleaned, and probably brakes since its been sitting for a while, i'm not sure though... you'll have to ask him... and you might as well just drive to see it, hes near winterbourne, if you know where that is.

oh, also he has a parts car, it was under a cover with a bunch of stuff on top though so i didn't see it

Thread Information