New/Hope to be Owner
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New/Hope to be Owner

Downloads
    Uploads

New/Hope to be Owner

After several weeks of surfing through the forms until the eyes are crosssed and blurry. Than doing it all over again I thought I would introduce myself. Owned a 71 opel gt given to me by MOM back when I was the ripe old age of 16, made a mistake of trading it for 65 mustange. Wanted more horsepower . Now 20 yrs later trying to get an Opel back into my life Living in the Pacific Northwest and trying to find a GT at least a 72 has been an act of god trying to find here. I have found two in my town one on blocks for the past 5 years not being touched (he won't sale) and the other one in very nice condition at the local savage yard which they will not sale do to some stupid washington law about puting salvage cars back on the road. Ebay is great if you live in the mid west or the east coast. I will look until I find one. I will leave with a question. I have noticed alot of questions on adding modifications with this and that with some good advice, but no advice in where to buy. Example ZF lsd where to buy?
    Question
    1) How about using zf tranny?

Will be telling more and asking more when the times come but until enjoy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    just keep looking you will find one eventually. i actually wasnt even looking for one and went to the next town which is only 5 minutes away from my parents house to visit uncle, and saw it sitting at my dads best friends auto lot. never seen one before or even heard of it. so instead of seeing my uncle i bought a 72 GT in original condition. and now it is no where near original and have more invested then what i paid for it, actually 4 times what i paid for it.
    Adam

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my ZF posi from Germany. Gil Wesson, of OGTS, put me in contact with a guy in England who makes frequent trips to Germany. He had knowledge, at the time of 6 ZF posi units, two were NOS, the other four, used. I opted for a NOS because of the increased HP of the 3.4 V-6/T-5 I'm putting in Willit? Total cost including shipping was around $1200, with an additional $500 to rebuild my old rear-end assembly and install the ZF. Thinking about it all, Willit? is just like my model racing boats. A big hole in the water I throw money in to.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Namba thanks for the info, seems OGTS is the only source. oh Why can't the little brother get stationed in germany.

Thread Information