questions
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: questions

Downloads
    Uploads

questions

my opel that I bought two yrs ago is still in my garage...I need to know where to get a used weber to replace the original silex and a master cyclinder or kit...plus is ther an easy V 6 to replace the 4 cy?...thanks for the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

New Webers

Dave, New Weber 32/36 direct replacement carbs were available NEW from a couple of outlets:
    1) www.opelgtsource.com - $289 49 State and $320 smog legal

2) www.piercemanifolds.com/products.htm - check for price

Since used ones go for $100 - $150 it may be worthwhile buying new as stuff from OpelGTSource is supplied by people who know Opels and are very helpful to. Have a good browse through their online catalogue as there is lots of GT stuff availavble. Both outlets have the adaptor to connect the stock airfilter assembly to the Weber, as well. Strangely enough, the stock air filter assembly with a K&N filter in it is one of the least restrictive options available.
    Last edited by GTJIM; 08-13-2005 at 01:50 PM. Reason: replaced "are" with "were" .......
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

Downloads
    Uploads
    well since the weber plant has been shut down now for some time, finding a new one is going to be almost impossible. Thats what Dennis from Opelgtsource told me, and he said he didnt have anymore, although he still has the electric conversion kits and other parts for them. sometimes ebay has rebuilt master cylinders, and opelgtsource has them, but they aint cheap.(but everything you get there is the best of the best, and the service cant be beat) you can also get opel parts from rockauto.com

HTH, Billy
    {)BILLY(} & The 71' GT
    73 manta luxus
    real cars don't power the front wheels...... they lift 'em

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

Ogts

I wish OGTS would update their catalog. I bought the last carburator almost a year ago and I dont believe that they are getting anymore.As a matter of fact, they were out of just about EVERYTHING I needed last time I ordered from them. Anyone else waiting a year for them to make a set of louvers????

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it were me I'd fix this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEBER...spagenameZWDVW

pick up one of these and a new part or two from the same source.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEBER...spagenameZWD1V

You might get away under 75 bucks for a 32/36. Just an idea

Downloads
    Uploads
    And for a master cylinder seems Autozone has them for 40 bucks still.

Downloads
    Uploads

Upsurge....

In the last couple of years there has been an astronomical rise in the number of GTs being "brought back from the dead" - this means that there has been a BIG demand for any and all parts. I can remember a time (not so long ago) when there were less than 50 items listed on eBay for GTs and almost everything was available at give away prices. It is called "supply and demand" - more demand and less supply. A bit like gasoline - the prices go up and it is harder to get good stuff.
    OGTS has risen to the occassion and had numerous parts put back into production but this only works if it is cost effective for them to continue to do so. Endless whining about how "pricey" they are and the long waits for lesser demand items will eventually just ensure that no more new stuff is available. Try pricing a brake master cylinder for a 2005 model car of any make then thank the Lord for OGTS ....... rant off!

Pity about Weber going tits up - grab what you can right now! Looks like DGVs and DOCE/Ms will become more and more "pricey" too.
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

Real Name
    Thom Tate
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, don't complain about the pricing. I looked at buying a 1968 Jag 2+2 for $500. It was rotting fairly badly but could still be brought back from the dead. I was only interested in it because of the price, but then I looked at replacement parts. Forget it.

Look up parts for a Lamborghini Miura on ebay. $250 for a turn signal cover. $300 for spark plug wires. Yeah, I know it's a Lambo, but still.

Oh and I have to comment on this too..

"plus is ther an easy V 6 to replace the 4 cy?..."...

BUWAHA HA HA HA

no. Easy being the laughable operative word. It's been done but you have to cut and it ain't easy.
    Thom - Ich liebe mein GT

I've had my 71 GT since I was 3 when my father brought it home, and I'll have it till the day I die!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

An idea

Has anyone put a rotary engine in an opel? , seems like it would be very light and fast seeing the rotary engine is so small but has rpms

Downloads
    Uploads
    thats y im glad i found my rear window louvers when i did, especially since they were still in the box and never used. i doubt that im ever going to use them but u never know.
    Adam

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Opel_Dave
    Has anyone put a rotary engine in an opel? , seems like it would be very light and fast seeing the rotary engine is so small but has rpms
    Have a look around the Engine Swap Forum, where there are LOTS of threads about LOTS of engine choices. We try (well, I and the other Moderators try) to keep threads "on-topic" here, so please see what ideas interest you and ask away in that Forum. HTH
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT

Thread Information