New to Forum
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New to Forum

Downloads
    Uploads

New to Forum

We picked up a '71 Opel from my sister. Seemed like a "fun" project for hubby and me to do. I really want to learn to work on cars. We definitely know how to change a light bulb but that is as mechanically inclined as we get, especially since I meandered thru some of the postings - master cylinder (sounds intimidating to me).

Will be definitely looking thru positings and reading every word. Wish us luck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and welcome. There is a great Texas group and a Texas web site too. Have fun.

Real Name
    John
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome & hope you have fun with your opel just take your time with
    you car & inspect & make it a safe & fun ride ..

J Lewis

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome- two new members from Texas in one day- WOW!!! Where are you in Texas? I am in south Houston. We have a pretty good group of members here in Texas- make yourself know on the Texas Opel Club http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/texasopel/
    I too have a hard time changing a light bulb but with all the free advice on this list so far I have:
    Changed mastercylinder and brake booster
    Rebuilt my Weber
    Tightened the rocker lifters
    Replaced the shocks
    Put in an electric fuel pump
    Replaced the water pump
    Can drop the steering wheel and pull the front insturment panel in 18 minutes flat.
    Re-wire the entire GT and almost ready to drop the engine and do a 1.9 to 2.4 change over plus
    I saved alot of money on my car insurance by switching to- oops never mind.
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Texas Opel Preservation Society

Senior Contributor Killer Texas GT's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

WinkHowdy and welcome to the Opelhallics Anonimous

Welcome, we are here to help, use the 'SEARCH' engine and you will find everything you want to know about the Opel.
    Now where in Tejas are you located? By knowing this we can put you in contact with others in your area to hold that ladder while you change the light bulb. Also go to the sight http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/texasopel/ or check in with George at opelenvy(at)yahoo.com with some information about yourselves so we can keep you upto date on the events, especially the Octoberfest in Meridian, TX NW of Waco up Hyw 6 on the 22 and 23 of October meet the gang, check out the Opels and enjoy some good ol' homemade German Food prepared by our host the Sedlmeirs at their restaurant "The Autobahn". And again Welcome.
    Rodney Killingsworth, president
    Opel Club of Texas

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks

Y'all are so great. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Maybe it's just a matter of getting over the fear of the unknown.

I'm up in Allen, TX just north of Dallas. Sooooo, if we have all of the original parts, the car did start, until it got here, what would you do first if you were me? I'm sure the whole engine needs an overhaul, right? It was parked in somebody's barn for SEVERAL years. What is the list of things you would do to it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5???

PS I'm so excited to have found the forum and look forward to learning so much from y'all

Downloads
    Uploads
    See my post in "Engine won't start"
    Sure would be nice if your screen name was Anhiser- sure you wouldn't consider it??

Texas Opel Preservation Society

Senior Contributor Killer Texas GT's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by amhiser
    Y'all are so great. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Maybe it's just a matter of getting over the fear of the unknown.

I'm up in Allen, TX just north of Dallas. Sooooo, if we have all of the original parts, the car did start, until it got here, what would you do first if you were me? I'm sure the whole engine needs an overhaul, right? It was parked in somebody's barn for SEVERAL years. What is the list of things you would do to it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5???

PS I'm so excited to have found the forum and look forward to learning so much from y'all
    Okay here are a few just within shouting distance of you, Otto "Tekenaar" is in Plano, "Killer TX GT" in Leonard up 121 towards Bonham, but work in McKinney. PM me and we will get together or give me a shout 903-819-4885.
    Rodney

Downloads
    Uploads

Aaahh

I can already feel the love. Y'all are the best. This is going to be so much fun.

Cunning Linguist Site Supporter tekenaar's Avatar
    Real Name
    Otto
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amhiser

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Texas GT
    Okay here are a few just within shouting distance of you, Otto "Tekenaar" is in Plano, "Killer TX GT" in Leonard up 121 towards Bonham, but work in McKinney. PM me and we will get together or give me a shout 903-819-4885.
    Rodney
    Like Rodney said: I'm in Plano, NE side, Los Rios area near PESH . . . probably closest to you of Texas Opelers troupe. I'm in the book, 972.424.2851 and have had same number, 7 digits anyway, since '73. Give me a shout some time.
    Otto

1960: '61 Rekord PII 1.7 3S 3.9 '69 Kadett LS 'sprint' 1.9 3A 3.18
    1970: '70 GT 1.9 4S 3.44 '72 GT 2.2SSD 5S 3.44 '72 GT 2.4FI 5S 3.44P
    1970: '73 GT 1.9FI 4S 3.44 '75 1900 1.9FI 4S 3.44
    1980: '85 Bitter SC 3.9FI 5S 3.44P
    2000: '09 Solstice GXP Coupe 2.0 SIDI VVT "Stage 2" Turbo 5S 3.73P

"De inimico non tantum loquaris male, sed cogites."

Thread Information