greetings earthlings
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: greetings earthlings

Downloads
    Uploads

greetings earthlings

Hi Everyone!
    the wealth of info on this site is astounding!
    looks to be growing rapidly with seversl new members (me to!)just in the few days i have been looking around.

my name is David Roland.
    i have owned mantas(and modified on them)since 1972 and learned how to drive in a kadet in 1965(i was 9 at the time)
    the manta is probably the most reliable and user friendly car i have ever been involved with.after running several shops and working for others and also doing prep work on and owning formula cars the opel is still on the top of the list!

the last car i opel built is called opey(adopted in 1980 or so)--hes a blast-only bad habit-eats 4speeds and rear tires rapidily even when driven reasanable(rarely more than 3/4 throttle and even rarer past 5000rpm)

any way--glad i found yall!

i posted some pics and info of opey on a german?site several years ago--here is the link--seems to still work.

http://www.mantaclub.org/archive/david_roland.htm

camera is junk and dosnt even take pics where aimed--$15.00!(must live cheep to buy race rubber!)
    one day will try to post good pics.

finding yall is realy good!
    David
    Last edited by supertiga; 08-22-2005 at 10:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

G'Day & Welcome

David,

Welcome to this community. Sounds like you have a bit of Opel experience to share too. Old "alien" Opel owners are even welcome .....
    GTJim
    Opel Owner since last Century!

Copyright © 2000-2009
    J D Henry
    All Rights Reserved

Real Name
    James
    Downloads
    Uploads
    David,

are you the Manta guy from "No Problem"? If so I've been trying to meet you for 2 years!

Great to see another Louisanna guy here....I'm lonely. Welcome.

James
    "If you have complete control of the car, you're not going fast enough". PARNELLI JONES 1966

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    David,

Welcome, glad to add another southerner to the ranks!

We are having a show here in Madison MS on Oct. 1 maybe you can make it.

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice Manta. Could you describe a little bit about how you built the cold air induction box. Is that a plexiglass covering on the top? Thanks, Jarrell
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Downloads
    Uploads

thanx!

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

n61wp--yes thats me(no problem formula car champion 3 years straight!)Have been lookig for you to.
    have race on oct 1(i think)but will not be able to bring opey as prep on the tiga and dads reynard will not leave enough time to build another trans(opey ate another one!)hope you can come--look for the tiga.if the driver looks to young to be me then it will be my son.i am going to try to be in shape to drive but going through treatment for liver disease saps the strenght right out of me.
    the airplane(i thought that was a n number)thing--me to!

wolf--would love to make it but above describes why i cant--keep me posted and hope to make it soon

soy bean--the air box was built because no avalible filter will do the job.
    i welded the frame out of aluminum angle. the sheet metal is stainless reflector from robo wash overhead lights.the gasket/flex joint is made from a inner tube(tire)with 1/2in hole punch then streched over air horns(air horns instaled to carbs after instal to air box)the air filter housing is made from 75fi filter box.
    if you look under the header panel(the part in front of the hood)you will see 2 holes on each side of the radiator-the ones on the driver side are blocked with sheet aluminum bonded in place.if you look in same area infront of radiator you will see similar holes--this is where the air comes in--then through the header panel and to airbox on passenger side.the sheet aluminum that fills the gap isnot air tight-just keeps the hot air from mixing with the cold and to not pressure the intake.the top is plexi(gas fumes seem to attack the lexan)just couldnt stand to hide those 4x45mm airhorns(v-stacks)

one day i hope to have decent camera and can post decent pics if needed.

one thing not mentioned(and more) in the old post(german site?)is the narrow gate short throw shifter mods--trans will be out soon and can post pics of easy to do mod that makes driving more fun.

i will soon be postin some questions that probably have been addresed before but with my slow conection(26kbps)it takes forever to do searches and usualy no results-please bear with me

thanks agin everyone--i have found a special place

David
    Last edited by supertiga; 08-23-2005 at 12:29 PM. Reason: typos

Downloads
    Uploads
    From one Manta owner to another: Welcome! You have found the best site for Opel information and friendship that there is on the net. Jump in as often as you can, it seems like you have a lot of experience to share!
    Opelerjeff

"Nice guys finish last; always have, always will."

Thread Information