Couple of Car Pics
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Couple of Car Pics

Downloads
    Uploads

Couple of Car Pics

Hey guys, I usually just lurk the boards, but im finally going to be an active member! First off my name is Ben, im 19, bought my 71 gt ...about 4 years ago? It mostly sat until the past 5 months when I started getting ambition.

Im not doing a factory restoration, but simply building somthing a little bit different than everyone else. The car is a rust bucket, and looking back, i wish i wouldnt have gotten one this bad...but welding is somthing I've gotten good at.

Major mods to the car.(every single thing done to this car was done by me, 90% self taught.)

Rallybob lowering shackels (lowered about 2.25" in front). 1/2 coil cut off rear springs. Shaved door handles, shaved mirrors, shaved antenna, shaved rear marker lights. Removed huge front signal lights. (running lights are now the turn signals). The wheels were $629 shipped off ebay, they are 45mm offset, 17x7 with 205/40/17 tires. Fitted for a saturn i believe. They fit, no rub...anywhere. Lock to lock with ease and they do not touch the shackels (where the stock 13's couldnt turn more than 10degrees). I have a set of 1.5" spacers, but im not sure if they are worth the added stress on the running gear. The car is currently stripped for paint (glass is out, interior out ect). The pictures were taken because i was sick of not being able to drive it. I slapped some flat black paint on it and cobbled it together to drive around in it. Excuse the sloppy lights, they are mounted now.

Engine is relativly stock. Stock low comp 71 motor, holley carb (if anybody knows somthing about it let me know, it was a popular swap back in the dar, i just cant find any info about it). New plugs/cap/rotor/points, 2 inline fuel filters, electric pump...and thats about it.

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself. The beetle is my friends its a 65 bug with a porche 914 motor, porche 944 brakes, 911 alloy wheels, and the rest of the list is....far too long for right now. I've helped build a great deal of the car, if anybody has anyquestions feel free to ask. And the last pic is what I do when im not at school or in the garage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gary; 09-20-2005 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Moved photos to attachments

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

Couple more car pics.

Here are a couple more pics
    Last edited by kwilford; 09-21-2005 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Removed the hyperlink photos and attached them properly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Car looks like it is well on its way. I know a little bit about welding on an GT. My car was a rust bucket also, you could not open both doors with out it sagging in the middle. Your project is off to an excellent start.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Jared
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the project is really well on its way, its great that you are doing all the work you can possibly do on your own. keep up the good work!
    previousely owned 8 GTs and 1 manta.

currently own

92 25th anniversary Z28. Ttop, leather, 370CI LSx T56 swap
    407 RWHP, 391 RWTQ, 11.74 @ 121

67 chevy sportvan deluxe....next in line.

73 chevy K-10- plow truck

71 GT, 1.9 4speed

2007 chevy silverado 1500, crewcab, loaded, Canadian limited edition GFX package Daily driver

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesn't look too bad from here. Keep the momentum up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i've always kinda liked flat black cars since i saw my friends older probe paint flat black, not really sure why, but i think it actually looks pretty decent on the opel, even though your not keeping it that way

looks like the project is comming together quite nicely, you sound like me about a year into the future, i'm planning on doing the exact same mods once it comes back from paint

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gt

The carb you may be referring to (Holley) may be the 5200 series turned around to fit primary. I believe it is close to the 32/36 weber as far as internals and performance? The fuel line may be in a weird spot, where certain webers will have fuel inlet on the proper side. Also I belive a carb off a Pinto would work too, not sure if it was a Holley.
    Keith
    Keep the car flat black and put some hot rod red and blue pinstriping on it....IMOP

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the support guys!

and gary, thank you for the edit. I wasnt sure if u guys wanted attachments or not so i hyperlink'd em. I'll attach them (or resize lol) from now on.

on the carb, all i know off hand is that it is a holley carb off some sort of chrysler product (has the symbol on it). linkcage is on the front of the car with the fuel inlet on the passenger side.

Right now im filling and sanding pinholes/rockchips/ect, hope to get a coat of primer on the fender tonight, but i have class at 8am so we will see.

One more thing, if anybody needs an uncut dash to get that 'stock look' again, let me know. Im going to be cutting mine in a while for a cd deck. Just thought i'd toss it out there.

I love the flat black look, but I've never had a 'pretty car', one with a straight body and good paint. so this is going to be the one.

Here is a pic from tonight. After doing the major stuff for the past month, im slowly working around the car. ALOT of the body glaze needs to be taken down, im pretty much done with the fender, driver's door is next....I hate body work.

Downloads
    Uploads

??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Slopel
    thanks for the support guys!

and gary, thank you for the edit. I wasnt sure if u guys wanted attachments or not so i hyperlink'd em. I'll attach them (or resize lol) from now on.

on the carb, all i know off hand is that it is a holley carb off some sort of chrysler product (has the symbol on it). linkcage is on the front of the car with the fuel inlet on the passenger side.

Right now im filling and sanding pinholes/rockchips/ect, hope to get a coat of primer on the fender tonight, but i have class at 8am so we will see.

One more thing, if anybody needs an uncut dash to get that 'stock look' again, let me know. Im going to be cutting mine in a while for a cd deck. Just thought i'd toss it out there.

I love the flat black look, but I've never had a 'pretty car', one with a straight body and good paint. so this is going to be the one.

Here is a pic from tonight. After doing the major stuff for the past month, im slowly working around the car. ALOT of the body glaze needs to be taken down, im pretty much done with the fender, driver's door is next....I hate body work.
    hey , its marty , what did you send me?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember when I was your age. Had a Kawasaki GPZ 550 with Kerker header and hot cam and velocity stacks. I could ride a wheelie up to fifth gear. But I quit doing that the same day I went to the hospital with road rash and a gash in my leg.
    Just thought I'd throw that in there. We like you already, don't need to read about you in the paper.

Thread Information