HOWDY ALL ..i am new...and i got some questions!
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HOWDY ALL ..i am new...and i got some questions!

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads

HOWDY ALL ..i am new...and i got some questions!

hello hello.....i am a new member of this here forum and i just had a few questions... Well first off i am in the process of tryin to convince my dad to restore our 70 gt 1900. we got the car about 4 years ago and havent touched it since then. We got the car after we tried to restore my dads 1972, but we were told that the body work was impossible to fix ..so we bought this one. Well anyways the car runs great, but it has some intense rot behind both rear tires the goes back about 1 1/2" to 2" .. Do you guys think it would be better to buy new rear panels or just to re-mold and fill in the area ? Other then this the car is in good shape.

haha we got the car from this guy in paterson new jersey that had a entire warehouse completly full of opel gt's he had atleast 40.

Rock on Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads

auto body rot

Rocknroll,

Welcome to the site.

It would be very difficult for anyone to determine the extent of your body damage without any pics- could you post some. Im the last person to be giving you advise about auto body repairs, but I have researched the topis some because one of my GT's is suffering from the same condition. One good piece of food for thought that I can offer you, however, is Opel GT Source does offer a cool body kit that can hide those blemishes. From a sensible perspective though, Im sure you will want to take care of the "rot" even if you opt to cover it with aftermarket paneling. I think that its cool that you and your father are into the Opel "craze" together. I wish you both all the best of luck and enjoyment with your new German friends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having gone through a complete restoration, I can tell you the best plan is to remove the cancerous parts completely and replace with good metal. Once the rust starts unless you remove it completely, it will come back. JMTCW.

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Thom Tate
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hold on a second..... This guy has a warehouse full of GT'S???? WHo is he?
    Thom - Ich liebe mein GT

I've had my 71 GT since I was 3 when my father brought it home, and I'll have it till the day I die!!!!

Opeler
    Downloads
    Uploads
    He had a wierd name ...Eugazawie or something like that.. It was sick he ad at least 40 gts for sale . 2 of which where completely restored.... Then he had his own that wasnt for sale, and it was in perfect condition ..it looked so good. I havent seen or talked to the guy since we bought are gt from like 5 years ago.
    Rock
    Dan

Manta Maniac Site Supporter Rionart's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If memory serves wasn't this the same guy who tried to unload some of his collection on Ebay....I seem to remember pics of dusty, fairly tired looking GT's...and rather high prices.....

Thread Information