hello there
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: hello there

Downloads
    Uploads

hello there

Hi,

I'm new to the website. I recently bought an Opel GT '73. I think I'm lucky with the purchase, since my car is complete (original parts in place); rust-free as far as I can tell. I'm planning to install a body kit and new paint, put in new carpet and upholstery, with Euro seats, a stereo system, new tires and rims, disc brakes all around, new sway bars, new silicone bushings, and a 5-speed transmission. But I'm totally new to this Opel experience, and hoping for guidance from all of you.
    The electrical system, for what I can see, is in most need for repair. I removed a headlight, to find the harness totally corroded. Where's the best place to get a new harness? That would be the first place to start in on my project.
    I will also appreciate some info on where to take my car to be repainted, since I'm in a boring part of the Northwest (Seattle), and willing to travel to Oregon, Idaho, even Canada for a good paint job.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey GabeGT'73
    You have come to the right place to find out the issues you mentioned. I have read discussions on these items in the past little while. Select the "search" function on the top right menu bar, type in some key words of the topic you wish to find out about and "Voila". In regards to the paint job in Canada, well for a 24 case of "barley pops" you can probably get one heck of a paint job and all the snowballs you can put in your pockets!! Just kiddin', eh!
    This is a great site and good luck with you car. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your progress.
    John
    (a.k.a jpiper)
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Canada

Thread Information