Howdy
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Howdy

Downloads
    Uploads

Howdy

My name's Scott and I bought my '73 GT about 2 and a half years ago. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it (sound familiar?) but it ran and I've been improving it ever since. I sanded it all the down and repainted it blue with a white racing stripe and re-upolstered the interior white and black. Far from professional but I think I did a pretty good job for a first try.
    I drove it happily noting all the looks I was getting for about a week until a senior citizen in a huge BMW decided to turn left right in front of me. I was unable to stop fast enough and bounced off her front bumper. So after battling with my ins. comp. not to total it and after the body shop was done I wanted to improve stopping distance. About four feet shorter and I wouldn't have had the hassle. Next up was '75 Manta brakes, 15" wheels with sticky tires and stiffer/lower front spring and all new bushings, ball joints, etc.
    That kept me happy for about a year but I was starting to to get tired of people asking if it was fast and having to answer "No". I decided I "needed" a bigger engine. After nine month's of "how much longer?" and "how much will that cost!?" I finally got it back and it is perfect. 2.4 liters of fuel injected bliss with a Getrag 5-speed. Definately worth the wait.
    Unfortunately I didn't have long to enjoy it before having to put it away. I'm in the Navy and will be gone for the next six month's or so. Something to look forward to when I get back!

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you have one nice car. I like the part where you kept it from going to the junkyard, and made it better then it was before. glad to have you here.
    Corvette is a rich mans Opel GT.

Thread Information