Opel GT Forum banner

Opel Club of Texas Octoberfest German Style

4K views 32 replies 6 participants last post by  baz 
#1 · (Edited)
The Opel Club of Texas Fall Event will be hosted by the Sedlmaiers in Meridian, Texas. Come and enjoy the festivities along with a large gathering of Opels, many of which will be grey market Opels, Manta B's, Astra, Vectra, Corsa and maybe even a Bitter, along with some under construction custom GT's, and stock beauties with original paint.

Additional information to follow: Date: Mid October

#2 ·
How about a show of hands . . .

WHEN is that going to be held and who is thinking about going? :confused: Even with all the Opels we have here, interest appears to be waning. :(

#3 ·
Date Set

DATE will be October 23rd and 24th.
Hotels in the area are At Hwy 6 just on Corner Hwy.22 is : Circle Motel, Meridian, Phone 254-435-2851 and 254-435-6115.
In next Town ist still: Clifton Motel N Hwy.6, Phone 254-675 3333

Last time everyone stayed at the CIrcle Motel

#4 ·
attendees:

Me, you, and the regular gang which are: Richard and Patty from Wichita Falls can work their area, Rick from Houston he will work the Houston area, Marty work the San Antonio area, Roy and George the Austin area , we can work on the rest of them. Dieter has his 10 Opels. so one ar two more will be a good turn out of OPELS.

#5 ·
I will handle the invitations again. I know who does and doesn't do the www, so I will send out snail mail to those who need it. I just need some info. Times to show up, map to the Sadlmeier house. Are shirts/hats going to be available? Contact numbers if need directions or help. Rough plan. Are we going to be doing the Beer and Brats and their restaurant? Fun run?(not as fun as last time, please :eek: )
I will draw up something and send out the invites either via email or snail mail.
And as always, it's not by invitation only. Everyone 'Opel' is invited.
I should be able to get Angie to drive the Sportwagon with the kids, and I'll bring the GT.

#6 ·
Sedlmaier maps

If he hasn't moved :rolleyes: , these should still be good. :D

Attachments

#7 ·
Neighboring states?

Killer Texas GT said:
Me, you, and the regular gang which are: Richard and Patty from Wichita Falls can work their area, Rick from Houston he will work the Houston area, Marty work the San Antonio area, Roy and George the Austin area , we can work on the rest of them. Dieter has his 10 Opels. so one ar two more will be a good turn out of OPELS.
How about OK, MO, CO, AR, LA, NM . . . not in any particular order? :confused: ANYONE else from ANYWHERE interested? Invite always open to all . . . after all, Texas highway motto is "Drive Friendly." :)

#8 ·
Well this is what I have on the contact list. So which is it? I have the same phone number that you do.
Kornelia is on the Texas Opel site, I'll ask her there.

10668 St.Hwy.22w BOX 2405
Meridian, TX 76665

#9 ·
411.com lookup

opelenvy said:
Well this is what I have on the contact list. So which is it? I have the same phone number that you do.
Kornelia is on the Texas Opel site, I'll ask her there.

10668 St.Hwy.22w BOX 2405
Meridian, TX 76665
Just did a "phone" lookup on 411.com with this result:

DIETER SEDLMAIER
RR 2
CRANFILLS GAP TX 76637
(254)597-0232

:confused:

#11 ·
MICAH1 said:
OPELENVY, Since you seem to be going to the Texas club event the cold air intake mod must be working :D well?
Well, I have not driven very much at all since I made the mods. It does work, just have been to busy to test it out.
Opels have taken a back seat to children these days. :D
I just got my ignition rotor modified so I could hook my Jacobs coil back up.
That brings on adjustments on its own. Timing, plug gap, etc.
It's never ending.

#13 ·
Well I was right :p
http://www.zurautobahn.com/

And there are even directions.
NOTE: BYOB!! Dry county!

That's a good lookin' menu. My stomach is growling just reading it.
The site is kinda flaky. At first I couldn't get to it, then I could. I had the exact same link in one window that got nothing as in another window that brought up the site.
I dunn what's up with that.
Well it's official then. Let's make the announcement. Octo 23-24 at Kornelia and Dieter Sedlmaier's place.
I guess we can post info here as well as at www.texasopel.com
Notice in the picture on the site, Dieter is wearing his Texas Opel shirt. Picture of a Manta B in the dining room. Very nice.
Here is a quiz. On the home page of the restaurant, there is a car sitting in the parking lot in front of the restaurant. Anyone know what the car is??
Otto, keep quiet :D

#14 ·
baronbors said:
Too far- Too Hot- I'll wait for a get together in Houston. :cool:
You still don't trust your car, huh Tom? Oct 23 is not hot anymore. :p
Just get with some other Houston folks and convoy. Follow Rick in his Wagon.
You'll have to leave Houston one day. :eek:

#15 ·
Car in the parking lot

Its a Pontiac 'Le Mans'? "DID I WIN HUH DID I WHAT DO I WIN DUH AM I RIGHT?" :D Its a look alike for the ASTRA to bad :) its the REAL THING "OPEL" :cool: Don't you Love it? And there are more so everyone show and have a good time.

George this may be a low budget fling, unless some one whats some shirts, hats or what ever, I am house sitting in the shop playing with OPELS with no Employer footing the bill, but if anyone wants Opel goodies from the club let me know and I will get them ordered.

#16 ·
Killer Texas GT said:
George this may be a low budget fling, unless some one whats some shirts, hats or what ever, I am house sitting in the shop playing with OPELS with no Employer footing the bill, but if anyone wants Opel goodies from the club let me know and I will get them ordered.
Hey, that's cool with me. I've got enough Opel shirts for a while. And since nobody is speaking up much about anything we shall call this a low budget meet.

#17 ·
George have you sent out the notices yet for the Octoberfest? I would like to keep this up on the front to get attendance up or at least get somebody's attention so that they will come. :D

rk

Cold Rammed Air :eek: is better than just a Cold Air Intake ask Otto he has seen it. The front nose on the Killer GT should be installed in time for the meet at least roughed in.

#18 ·
Killer Texas GT said:
George have you sent out the notices yet for the Octoberfest? I would like to keep this up on the front to get attendance up or at least get.
No I haven't. Got my parents in town and am going to be busy with them. I will try to get something put together ASAP.
What should I say for a time to start showing up? 11-12ish on Saturday?

#19 ·
Ten to noon should work well. Bring parts to swap if you all want to. week end for a car haul party. What was the out come of the GT's from the lady at the Austin Car Show?

Cold Rammed Air is better than Cold Air Intake :eek:

#20 ·
Killer Texas GT said:
What was the out come of the GT's from the lady at the Austin Car Show?
I haven't called her yet. Did I mention my parents are in town and I am busy with them???
I might take my dad to go look at them with me and leave the kids with the ladies. ha ha.

#21 ·
OPEL CLUB OF TEXAS
OCTOBERFEST 2004
Location: The home of Dieter and Kornelia Sedlmaier in Meridian, TX
Directions: Located off Hwy 22 between Cranfills Gap and Meridian, about 45 miles northwest of Waco and 75 miles southwest of Ft. Worth on the top of the beautiful Hill Country.

Date: Oct 23-24 2004

From Waco or Clifton:
Take Hwy 6 North through Clifton and turn left onto FM2136. Make a left on Hwy 22. You will come over a bridge and we are on your right.

From Meridian:
Take Hwy 22 towards Cranfills Gap, after about 7 miles, you will cross the intersection to FM2136 and a bridge. You will see us on the right side.

From Cranfills Gap:
Take Hwy 22 towards Meridian, after about 7 miles, you will pass a county road on the left and there will be a small house on the corner of the county road. You will then come down a steep hill and see a DS sign on the left side with a white wood fence. After that, you will see us on the left side. If you see FM2136 to your right, you passed us.

From Ft.Worth:
Take I-35 south and exit Burleson. Take Hwy174 to Meridian. In Meridian, make a right on Hwy 22 towards Cranfills Gap. Outside of town, after about 7 miles, you will cross the intersection to FM2136 and a bridge. You will see us on the right side.
These directions can be found at http://68.201.231.72:2469/OurLocation.html
Or go to http://www.zurautobahn.com and click on “Our Location”
The physical address is 10668 Hwy 22 Meridian, TX
E-mail: DS.Sedlmaier@htcomp.net or you can email me at opelenvy@yahoo.com with questions

Motels: Hotels in the area are At Hwy 6 just on Corner Hwy 22 is Circle Motel, Meridian, Phone 254-435-2851 and 254-435-6115.
In next Town is: Clifton Motel N Hwy.6, Phone 254-675-3333.
Last time everyone stayed in the Circle Motel.

This is open to anyone with a love for Opels, you don’t have to be from TX.

Agenda: Folks start showing up between 10 and noon. Talk Opels, swap parts, and fix problems that someone encountered on the trip in. The Sedlmaier’s own a German restaurant called Zur Autobahn located right next to their house. We will eat here. There is a web site at http://www.zurautobahn.com
Maybe a fun run through the countryside.

Brunch at the house Sunday and take it from there. We are not going to have any hats or T-shirts this time.

DRY county so BYOB, even the restaurant can’t serve booze.
And as always, if you have any Opel Stuff you want to swap/sell/give away, bring them along.

ALL THIS INFORMATION AND MORE CAN BE FOUND AT THE NEW AND IMPROVED WEB SITE OF THE OPEL CLUB OF TEXAS AT http://www.texasopel.com

#22 ·
Opels Across America / Octoberfest OPEL CLUB of TEXAS

iT IS GETTING CLOSER SO GET READY, MAKE PLANS TO ATTEND AND ENJOY SEE YOU AT OCTOBERFEST IN MERIDIAN, TEXAS. :) :)

#23 ·
So Rodney, is the "Killer Texas GT" going to make it to meet?
Did you get enough of the bugs worked out to get it road worthy?
And Otto, what do you plan on bringing?
I've got my cooler packed full of Warsteiner, and ready to go!

#24 · (Edited)
Oktoberfest . . .

opelenvy said:
So Rodney, is the "Killer Texas GT" going to make it to meet?
Did you get enough of the bugs worked out to get it road worthy?
And Otto, what do you plan on bringing?
I've got my cooler packed full of Warsteiner, and ready to go!
After Route 66 Roadfest meet, this one kinda snuck up on me. Better go make RSVs, I guess. Will probably bring my '69 Kadett and my '72 Hooters GT 2.15 SSD. Kinda looks like crap, but goes like hell. Begs the question, what are YOU bringing? :confused:

Read my "epic" reply in the Roadfest thread yet? Might get a kick out of it.

#25 ·
Quick headcount

All you TX and surrounding states Opelers,

Getting close, so how about a quick headcount of people and vehicles expected?! ;)

#26 ·
tekenaar said:
Begs the question, what are YOU bringing? :confused:

Read my "epic" reply in the Roadfest thread yet? Might get a kick out of it.

I haven't got a definite "yes" from Angie yet if she will drive the Sport Wagon. If she will, then I will drive the GT. If she won't, then I will drive the Sport Wagon. Either way, the wagon will be there. I gotta show off my new toy! :D

I just read your tale. Very nice. I am pleased to see that my home town (Rolla, MO) made the list. Most of the first 18 years of my life were spent there. I used to make the run from Fort Leonard Wood to Rolla down I44 in very quick time. :eek: The old historic RT66 runs parallel to I44. Back when I lived there the road was pretty beat up. At one time there was a GT burried under the weeds along RT66 there.

For the head count, Roy Nolan is planning on attending (in Z I am guessing). Andreas will not be there (more on that story).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.