OMC Blitz Problems
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: OMC Blitz Problems

Real Name
    Dale Doebert
    Downloads
    Uploads

OMC Blitz Problems

Hi Everyone. I've paid for my Opel Motorsports thing & have been trying to find out if he got my payment. His website makes it impossible to talk to who ever runs it. This was over 2 months ago. Has anyone had similar problems? Doesn't seem above board somehow. Shouldn't be this difficult. Thanks
    Last edited by kwilford; 03-29-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: sp and punct.

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nothing new

I had this problem with renewals, in fact 2 years in a row. I actually think I didn't receive an issue as well. It has been discussed here several times, and seems no one can correct the problem, or cares to. The OMC is said to be all volunteer, and I relize that and always appreciated that. Seems certain volunteers need to step down as they are not volunteering anymore anyways. I currently am up for renewal, and will not be continuing my subscription at this time, I get more info from this site anyways, which is a mega version of the magazine you get from OMC.
    Keith
    Check out our Opel restorations at
    www.newvintageauto.com

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dale,

OMC was run mostly by volunteers in the Los Angeles area, but recently several folks from this site joined the Executive (Matt Newman, for example) and it seems, at least to me, to be running much more smoothly. But all volunteer organizations (and even those with paid staff!) can have glitches. I believe the Dick Counsil is still the Membership contact, and he can be reached as per the post at
    https://www.opelgt.com/forums/opel-mo...ip-issues.html.

Matt posted the following in one of his recent Blitz notices:
    Quote Originally Posted by newman27 View Post
    Subscribers to the Opel Motorsports Club (OMC) newsletter "The Blitz" should be receiving their copies in the mail of the September/October and November/December 2008 issues which are Volume 28, Issues 5 and 6. Also available is the 2009 ballot for officers and annual survey. If you do not receive yours, please send an email to "JoinOMC(at)opelclub.com" and copy me at "opelclub(at)charter.net". This way both the treasurer and secretary will be aware of the delivery issue and will work to correct the matter ASAP. Also, on-line subscribers to "The Blitz" should have already received an email containing links to the on-line versions and the ballot and survey. If you are an on-line subscriber and have not received an email, please send an email to "JoinOMC(at)opelclub.com" and copy me at "opelclub(at)charter.net". As with the print subscription, we will work to correct the email distribution problem ASAP. Finally, please check the mailing label on the envelope your copy of "The Blitz" arrives in for your upcoming subscription expiration date. Currently, this is your only notice of your renewal date. If you are within a couple months of your subscription expiring, please renew using the instructions contained on the inside cover of "The Blitz" publication.

Matt Newman
    Vice President/Secretary
    OMC

I for one believe that the OMC is a worthwhile organization, and worth the trouble to support, which includes working with them on membership and subscription issues.

JM2CW
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Nickolas
    Downloads
    Uploads

OMC blitz

I also sent an online renewal a while back. Not sure if they got it or whatever. I received 2 issues the last time i got them. I also kinda wish it was a little more smoother. For starters getting a return email telling me that they received my payment and everything is good to go would be awesome. Hopefully with some newer members volunteering, things in the future will work out.

Real Name
    Matt
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The information that Keith posted above is the best I can do to help with subscription issues (thanks Keith!). If you send an email to the two email addresses listed in that post, you will get a reply. If you want an even faster response (as I only check opelclub(at)charter.net about once a week), then PM me here on the site (or feel free to do both).

I don't collect the money nor do I manage the mailing list that is based on collections. However, I can take your case up with those that do and also make sure your email address is correct. I think over the past year I was able to correct around 6 - 8 subscription issues just by tracking down folks here on the site and asking for an updated email address. Several subscribers were no longer using the email address they used when paying for their subscription (for example).

I agree with Keith that The Blitz and the Opel Motorsports Club are worth supporting. While this site is awesome, having a club to sponsor events and a newsletter to communicate information to the Opel community is important IMHO. I think the primary issue with having a regular newsletter is that submissions to The Blitz are not coming in at a pace to allow for a regular newsletter. One person is basically drafting the newlestter and publishing it with only occasional submissions from the larger community.

HTH

Matt
    '72 Opel GT (Fireglow Orange) "Sara"

Major Mods: Weber Carb, High Compression Pistons, Electronic Ignition, High Torque Starter, High Output Alternator, Custom CAI, Headers / Custom Exhaust, Getrag 240 5-Speed,
    Enhanced Suspension (Anti-Sway Bars / Koni Reds / Sport Springs), "Big" Brake Package with 22mm Booster / MC, 15x8" Wheels and Toyo RA-1 Tires, XM Radio

Restoration Thread
    Comments Thread

1000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blitz in Production

The January/February 2009 OMC Blitz has been held back, so that it could be released as a part of a "special" 2-issue set (with the March/April 2009 Blitz). This is to commemorate its status as the 300th newsletter published by OMC. It includes the longest Opel tech tip ever printed, and it is expected that it will arrive with OMC members within the next 10-14 days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous D View Post
    The January/February 2009 OMC Blitz has been held back, so that it could be released as a part of a "special" 2-issue set (with the March/April 2009 Blitz). This is to commemorate its status as the 300th newsletter published by OMC. It includes the longest Opel tech tip ever printed, and it is expected that it will arrive with OMC members within the next 10-14 days.
    Are you kidding?
    75 MANTA A "2.0 Euro stuff! Fun and Fast

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and
    oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
    torque is how far you take the wall with you."

1000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you kidding?
    ...No

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face

I also send and online paypal payment to this site, and have heard nothing, I even send additional mail to the "[email protected]"

I send the payment March 8th, and do not know what to expect.

Thread Information