"Can of Keys" - Page 21
OpelGT.com is the premier Opel GT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: "Can of Keys"

Real Name
    Craig Roberts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in Surprise near 303 and Waddell / Cactus
    I w/b at the show at 101 and Scottsdale Saturday and also at my son's house on 29th Av between Bell and Greenway later this week
    my cell is 516 410 5447
    Craig Roberts

2. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Ken
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by crliwa View Post
    I'm in Surprise near 303 and Waddell / Cactus
    I w/b at the show at 101 and Scottsdale Saturday and also at my son's house on 29th Av between Bell and Greenway later this week
    my cell is 516 410 5447
    I used to live between Bell and Greenway near 40th st. Haven't thought about those names for a long time.
    Thurston County, WA, effective motto: "Gophers, Gophers Über Alles"

Real Name
    Craig Roberts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ken... lots of snowbirds from the NW..... I'm one of the few from NY that doesn't go to Florida although it would be more convenient.
    Craig Roberts

5. Remove Advertisements
    OpelGT.com
    Advertisements

Real Name
    Mike and Jim Shannon
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a small world. Matt needs the keys to try out on his GT's that Doug has looked at for him, I am looking to buy the 3rd GT, Matt asked me to get the keys - I live off the 303 and olive. Roughly 3 miles from the bucket of keys. . Would I be able to get those on Matt's behalf?

Real Name
    Craig Roberts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's ok w/me If you want to stop by that works for me ….Just don't forget that someone else is waiting on them... call me ..516 410 5447
    Craig Roberts

Real Name
    Craig Roberts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm waiting for a call from the Shannon's to pick up the keys … If no call I will mail them to Jordan Kosow in LA.
    I'm going back to NY Saturday nite
    Craig Roberts

2000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by crliwa View Post
    I'm waiting for a call from the Shannon's to pick up the keys … If no call I will mail them to Jordan Kosow in LA.
    I'm going back to NY Saturday nite
    Craig, leave the keys with me Sat AM and I'll get them to Jordan. The "new" car Jim Shannon is interested in has a key in the ignition but neither of Matt's cars did. Jim has offered to help move the package so it will be a couple of days (but hopefully I'll get back into the garage this weekend). They will be mailed by Wed PM either way! (Bring Jordan's address with you on Sat.)

Now, are there any "special" mailing instructions? USPS only, insured, registered, etc?

Doug

Real Name
    Craig Roberts
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doug
    I'll bring the keys with Jordan's address Saturday
    Craig Roberts

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by slracer View Post

Now, are there any "special" mailing instructions? USPS only, insured, registered, etc?

Doug
    Doug
    No special mailing, USPS is fine, just make sure of the mailing address.
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

2000 Post Club
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BQS4 View Post
    Doug
    No special mailing, USPS is fine, just make sure of the mailing address.
    Sounds good!

OpelGT.com Übermoderator kwilford's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Wilford
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, somehow the "Can of Keys" didn't get delivered to Jordan (or was that supposed to be Jarrell Young aka soybean?), but instead hitched a ride to Canada in Matt's some-day-to-be-an-electric Opel GT. Darn draft-dodging keys!

That was back in May 2019, I believe. I heard about the keys being here in Matt's possession a month or two back. While I have had them twice in the past ten years, I felt compelled to say hello to an old friend. The last time was October 2017, according to this thread, at which time I tried to find a key for the Garage Find Opel GT locked gas cap. Unsuccessfully, but I managed to get the locked cap off yesterday by the hacksaw blade/puller trick. I'll post that story someday.

At that time, I substantially re-organized the keys by type, before I sent them on to Mark B in Ottawa (I had gotten them from PJ Romano in Ontario).

I had last asked about them when looking for a key for a '78 Manta B listed on Kijiji here in Calgary a year ago. That car, HIGHLY rare in North America, was purchased by a new Calgary Opel friend, Chris Sore, who I am assisting with converting it back from a Chevy 2.8 V6 to a somewhat upgraded CIH. Chris was able to get a key from a specialty keymaker in the UK, once we disassembled the ignition lock to get the code. But I digress yet again....

So to be precise, the Can of Keys are now in Calgary. As of last night, in my garage in Calgary. I will check them against a couple of GT gas caps sans keys that I have acquired via the Calgary Opel Parts Co-Op. and then Barry Olsen, another COPC-O member with a '69 GT sans keys, will check to see if one fits his car.

I see that Gene made a new "Can" with his name and mailing info. Very nice! Unfortunately, the lid of the can was lost (likely in AZ) so I will try to find a replacement

But who gets it next? Any needy Canadians out there before it goes back to the Excited States?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    soybean and dpre like this.
    Keith Wilford
    Finishing up a bare-metal, nut & bolt rotisserie restoration of my '71 Opel GT; next up is my 28,000 mile Garage Find GT, stored since 1975, which needs a LOT of love...

Real Name
    W Jarrell Young
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilford View Post
    So, somehow the "Can of Keys" didn't get delivered to Jordan (or was that supposed to be Jarrell Young aka soybean?), but instead hitched a ride to Canada in Matt's some-day-to-be-an-electric Opel GT. Darn draft-dodging keys!

That was back in May 2019, I believe. I heard about the keys being here in Matt's possession a month or two back. While I have had them twice in the past ten years, I felt compelled to say hello to an old friend. The last time was October 2017, according to this thread, at which time I tried to find a key for the Garage Find Opel GT locked gas cap. Unsuccessfully, but I managed to get the locked cap off yesterday by the hacksaw blade/puller trick. I'll post that story someday.

At that time, I substantially re-organized the keys by type, before I sent them on to Mark B in Ottawa (I had gotten them from PJ Romano in Ontario).

I had last asked about them when looking for a key for a '78 Manta B listed on Kijiji here in Calgary a year ago. That car, HIGHLY rare in North America, was purchased by a new Calgary Opel friend, Chris Sore, who I am assisting with converting it back from a Chevy 2.8 V6 to a somewhat upgraded CIH. Chris was able to get a key from a specialty keymaker in the UK, once we disassembled the ignition lock to get the code. But I digress yet again....

So to be precise, the Can of Keys are now in Calgary. As of last night, in my garage in Calgary. I will check them against a couple of GT gas caps sans keys that I have acquired via the Calgary Opel Parts Co-Op. and then Barry Olsen, another COPC-O member with a '69 GT sans keys, will check to see if one fits his car.

I see that Gene made a new "Can" with his name and mailing info. Very nice! Unfortunately, the lid of the can was lost (likely in AZ) so I will try to find a replacement

But who gets it next? Any needy Canadians out there before it goes back to the Excited States?
    Gene, you can take me off the list. After going trough a mass of keys, I found what I needed. Thank you guys tho. Jarrell
    dpre likes this.
    You lose your dreams, you lose your mind. (The Rolling Stones)

Real Name
    Gene
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keith
    Before y'all get snowed in up there, just send the Can back here. I didn't redo the can, someone else did and put my address on it, it should be a quart or Canadian equivalent, paint can, hardware store Home Depot, Lowes, or whatevery should have them
    "Yes, I do have a rifle rack in my Sportwagon"

Real Name
    Keith Lundholm
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve got so many keys, that my can of keys is no longer. I would like to figure out a nice case that fit in a small flat rate box so the shipping would be the easiest and cheapest...but I’m not sure that would be large enough. Might go to a good ammo can that would fit inside a smaller medium rate box.
    kwilford likes this.
    Check out our Opel restorations at
    www.newvintageauto.com

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread Information